My Ti4200 needed better cooling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The__tweaker
    The card is capable of more with this cooler but I'll stay here for now.. :)
    :)

Comment

i think i am stupid for overclocking with a stock cooler that is CRAP! :cheers: Nice looking hsf..better then that vomit of a stock fan before..:cheers:
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

If you REALLY want to get a good cooler on your card, you should get a CPU heatsink on it. Will outperform that thermaltake cooler by far. Check my heatsink mod link in my sig for some pics of mine. Might be worth it for your next card or if you want to upgrade that one after a while.

Comment

Sorry __tweaker but I reduced all ya pic's by at least 25-30% just for us dailups but some ramsinks will help. : peace2:

Sovereignty sorry but the weight of addin' a CPU HSF has killed more vid cards then I'd care to think off. :tears:

Likely a good reason why I prefer the coolin' on Leadtek cards though 1 in 10 need a little work to get perfect (not much though).

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
            Sorry __tweaker but I reduced all ya pic's by at least 25-30% just for us dailups
            Yeah sorry for that m8, I made em' only 640x512 with medium quality but I guess they were still kind of heavy to load and I should have optimized them better than I did.. :o

Comment

i have the ThermalTake Giant2 and it is awsome too :cool: and i agree most stock coolers that come with the vid cards are pretty damn ugly....and also very crappy. they pretty much just get the job done. but if you go out and buy one you will probably be able to overclock much better :)

heres some piks : (not sure how big the resolution is but they are all under 100kb):

:D its awesome!

Comment

Just for stock cooling, MSI Ti4200's have a great design, with the exception that they need thermal adhesive to hold the heat spreaders to the RAM chips, as the pins do not do it :( . As soon as I get some I'll put my card well over 300/600 :thumb:.

Comment

Working...
                X