Amazing Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Idea

I may have stumbled upon (while bored looking at a Boscov's mag.), possibly the coolest mod for cooling ever. Maybe I overlooked something, but this is a pretty l337 idea.

I can't find the one in the magazine on the internet but it was a 20 can cooler (it was soft-sided) that went from 34F-85F for $70US
    A Thermoelectric cooler like this one:

but that is a lot more money.

Tell me if I am a loon or would this really work?

beware condensation :D
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
      beware condensation :D
      I'd say be very aware.. :)

Comment

Whoa.....by golly you're right!!! That IS an awesome way to keep your beer cold!! :D

Comment

Any coolin' system that uses below 4C liquid is goin' to needed an amazin' amount condensation protection.

Comment

I have a similar device. It's an ecco galaxy 13L 12v thermoelectric cooler. No compressor. But I was wondering about modding it for better beer cooling as it is quite obvious that the moisture inside would kill a mobo for sure. It has a large fan like the size of a cd. And a large heatsink attached to the thermo cooling device. And I was thinking of puttin some as3 or ceramique between them. And adding a 60-70mm exhaust fan(it has very bad airflow, almost none)
            What do you think wiggo, the manufacturer says it cools aprox 25c below ambient. Think I could get it to 35c below ambient with these mods?
            athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
            tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
            asus a7n8xe-dlx
            thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
            bfg 6800gt
            seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
            samsung dvdrw
            2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
            logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
            2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
            creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
            mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
            DFI infinity nf4 ultra
            thermaltake tsunami dream -black
            seagate sataII 500gb
            evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
            samsung sata dvd-rw
            2x1024 ocz black
            logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
            ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

This summer (here in Aussieland) I'm goin' to try a water chiller setup on an evaporative air cooler coolin' a radiator of a water cooled PC which hopefully should get around the condensation problem within the system itself. :devil win

Comment

I forgot to mention that I would put a mobo in there: omg: At what temp does condensation form and couldn't you just set it a little higher than that temp?

Comment

The thing is that ya goin' to have to insulate against against condensation/ice. ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X