Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aero 7, got it-love it/$30 Case at NEWEGG check it out!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aero 7, got it-love it/$30 Case at NEWEGG check it out!!!!

I just got my Aero 7+ the other day and I must say it is GREAT. Quiet. Comes with a potentiometer for either the front 3.5", or rear pci slot.

I did have to lap it a bit to get the surface a little smoother, as stated in most reviews.

Other than that, I love it. Works like a charm. I think I might throw my Thermtake 11 in my wife's computer and buy another Aero 7 for my new system below.
    I will have to see the temp. differences 1st, as well as noise levels.

Just thought I would pass it along.

Chez

PS. NEWEGG has a REALLY nice Black Raidmax case for $30 with a pretty big nice window and overall GREAT design. I couldn't believe it when I got it. It is a case worthy of at least $80 or so.
    I love the thing. I gave my wife my old case I loved just to use it.
    Comes with 2 side fans, under the windows. Room for a rear 60mm fan, and 4 intake fans blowing over your harddrives.

wasn't it the Aero 7 that had a tendency to catch on fire :?:

I think it was fixed with the release of the Aero 7+

EDIT: yep, it's the Aero 7 that should have been named "Sparky 7"
    CoolerMaster HK has issued a recall for one of their latest coolers according to a story over at Warp2Search. Many owners of the Aero 7 CPU cooler are reporting all types of bizarre problems with the product such as sudden scratches on the cooler material up to it actually catching on fire!

This is a very serious issue, if you use an Aero 7 owner I would look at replacing it right away and checking with your supplier for a refund or replacement with the newer Aero 7+ which apparently fix these strange problems.

To HK Aero 7 owner only: due to the design problem, our previous Aero 7 fan will potentially be damaged after certain amount of usage. We have noticed the problem and released the improved Aero 7+ to replace Aero 7. To be safe and this is a recall notice, we advise you to take your Aero 7 to our office before July 15th to exchange with Aero 7+. Should you have any inquiry please feel free to contact us.
    http://www.tweaktown.com/comments.php?nId=3119

Comment

Minibubba you da' man!

Although I already knew about the recall and got the 7+ from Newegg. She works like a charm, quiet, looks pretty sweet, acts sweet, and well worth the money.
      Like I said, I might by another and sell my brand new Thermaltake 11 Laser depending on temps, and noise levels.
      It is great how they use a potentiometer either for the front of your case 3.5" or for the rear pci slot.
      Couldn't be happier.

And that new case for $30 is just ridiculously cheap and a NICE case. Powdercoated, 2 side fans with it, 4 intake available, right in front of your harddrives. I could go on and on. FOR $30 small ones. I am about to buy another one just in case I build another system for someone.
      I am VERY picky and had my doubts when I placed my order, but I figured I would just use it for the wifes computer and get rid of her beige case since I gave her my blk Cornea 17" LCD when I got my 19" Cornea (which is another BUTE!)
      When I opened the box and got it out, I KNEW right where it was going, in my office for my second computer!!!
      The only thing I wish it had was a removeable motherboard tray, just cause I have been spoiled with them for so long.

Anyway, thanks for the info bubba,
      Chez

Comment

Originally posted by chezman
        Anyway, thanks for the info bubba
        just didn't want to hear that your rig went up in flames, it would be a waste of sweet hardware ;)

looking forward to hearing how it performs...I'm looking for something that can cool like a volcano 11 but with less noise at max RPM

Comment

Well, my #'s might be a little lower since I use Shin Etsu thermal paste. I have done my own test on it and found it to be about 3-4 degrees celius lower than Artic Silver III in the same system. So Shin Etsu (Cooler Master Premium) REALLY is better, and the reviews said the same thing. I just had to do a real world test for myself.

Anyway, after it cures(which really makes a difference with this type of paste since its consistency is like peanut butter) which takes about 3 days. I will let you know what #'s I am getting, and then I will run the TT 11, and get those #'s and post both for you.

Just from my computer knowledge and building tons of computers, I would have to say right now, the Aero 7+ is going to beat the TT11, and in noise level too.
          But I will run my own "review" and post the results.

Its kind of fun btw. One thing though, you HAVE to lap the Aero 7, at least from what the reviews have said, and my personal preference. I ALWAYS lap EVERY HSF, with 800, then 1000 wet sanding with a hardblock, or with the sandpaper taped to glass( perfectly flat) I am just PICKY like that. We pay a lot of money for all this stuff, I want to make sure it works the best it possibly can. So I DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, it hasn't failed me yet.

Chez

PS Bet you they come out with a UV Aero 7+ after they find out how well they sell.
          Have you seen the picks of how it actually works. Where it shows that the CAGE fan spreads the air EVENLY over the entire HS, whereas a regular fan puts more air pressure towards just the center. I THINK THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO MAKE THIS THINK OUT PERFORM ALL OTHER REGULAR HSF. Not to mention the solid copper base, and the amount of fins it has.
          JMHO

Comment

Have you seen the picks of how it actually works. Where it shows that the CAGE fan spreads the air EVENLY over the entire HS, whereas a regular fan puts more air pressure towards just the center. I THINK THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO MAKE THIS THINK OUT PERFORM ALL OTHER REGULAR HSF. Not to mention the solid copper base, and the amount of fins it has.
            JMHO
            ya, i'm familiar with how it works, I did some reading on it a few weeks ago

I've got the Tt duct mod on my volcano 9 atm to get the same effect...it also reduced the noise a bit too thankfully:

I've got to get myself a better digicam...

Comment

Yeah, I have 2 of those myself, I am going to do the testing with and without those.
              I also noticed you pulled off the grill guard which is totally stupid of Thermaltake to make since it impedes airflow so much, not to mention adds NOISE!!! Duh. Who works in R&D over there?!!?!?!EDIT - whoops, just saw you hadn't removed the fan guard. That is something I read somewhere that was recommended since it impedes the airflow so much.

First you have to buy the TT11 for around $37 (I think) then $8 for the duct mod, so you are over $45 for a HSF. That thing better have gold lining the bottom or SOMETHING.

That is why I am going to do the testing myself, post the results and let everyone know the difference since it can be quite costly to purchase a TT11 + the duct mod, when you can get a lot better HSF with the Aero 7+. This is just my hypothesis for now, until testing is done.

Regards,
              Chez

As it stands now, the Aero 7+ is on my second system - A7V8X - 2400+ at 17*133 to "burn it in".
              I am waiting on my case to come in. I finally found one with the gold accents on the front. Kingwin/Superflower 3 window case.
              It is going to be a *****en' machine and look sweet too. The $200 I spent on the PSU from performance-pc.com was worth every penny too. They sleeve all the wires in whatever color you want ( I got UV blue), with whatever color Heatshrink, then the kicker is all of the wires are able to be unplugged from the PSU if you don't need them. So if you have an AMD, you can just unplug the P4 stuff and put it in your backup supply box in case you need it later. No more stuffing wires that you don't need. I got the antec Blue 480 with a UV blue acrylic shell, with clear fans. EVERYTHING is made to order, whatever colors, PS, ect. that you want.
              You guys might want to check their site out if you like nothing but the BEST. They also sent me extra wire sheathing to put over my fan wires, and all the other small wires, so everything is covered really nice, since it is going to be a 3 window "showcase". They have the best customer service.
              This is going to be a "showcase", while being a high performance OCer as well, with nothing but the best inside. With 3 windows to show off all the goodies inside.
              I put a lot of time and effort into making sure each part would be the best for this machine. I guarantee it is going to show.
              I can't wait to get it together and post some pics to see what you guys think.
              CAN YOU TELL I AM A LITTLE EXCITED!!! The case is coming from Milwakee(sp) pc. They are also sending me a couple polo shirts with it. Those guys rock. It is probably the last gold accented case out there for sale. I searched for probably 20 hours on the net to find it. Plus a ton of phone calls to find out if they had the case with the gold accents. Kingwin switched to the silver accents a while back, although you can't tell on the outside of the box what you have inside, you have to open it up to see. It has to be a pretty old case to have the gold, cause they stopped almost 8 months ago. YET everyone has the pics of the gold accented case on their website, and ships you the silver accented case!!!!!!! arrrrrgggggggggggg

Enough of my book. It just took a lot of effort on my part to get this system and everything right. The case should be here by the end of this week. So I am excited I finally will be able to build it!!!

Comment

Yeah, I have 2 of those myself, I am going to do the testing with and without those.
                I also noticed you pulled off the grill guard which is totally stupid of Thermaltake to make since it impedes airflow so much, not to mention adds NOISE!!! Duh. Who works in R&D over there?!!?!?!EDIT - whoops, just saw you hadn't removed the fan guard. That is something I read somewhere that was recommended since it impedes the airflow so much.
                I did have it off at one point, but I found that this fan guard doesn't really add any noise or restrict air flow...at least not enough to matter so I put it back on since I like the way it looks

since the majority of the guard is over the dead spot in the center it doesn't make much differnce (and doesn't really guard anything ;) )

some guards are a problem and I don't use them...for instence my case had stamped steet metal for fan guards, all of which I cut out...now I've just got to remember to be careful where I stick my fingers if I'm messing around with the back of my case ;)

:cheers:

Comment

No, your right. That one isn't bad. Its the Xaser ones that REALLY cut off the airflow and almost make like a hissing sound.
                  I read a review where they said it restricted some % or something and to take it off, or change it out if you reallly want it to work right.
                  Plus I saw a site selling the Xaser ones for $8 each since they come in silver, gold, and blue anodized. So people could match them up to their system. Well before I read the review, I found a site that sold the 3 pack like they are SUPPOSED to be sold in, for $6.99 for all 3. So I picked it up.
                  I will figure out a use for them somehow.
                  I still can't believe that one site was taking the Thermaltake 3 pack, opening them up, then selling them one by one for $8 each!!! What a rip off!!! Some of these companies just blow my mind.

Like I said, I do a ton of research when I go to build a system. Especially when it is the "flagship" one like I am building now. I can't wait to see how nice it looks. I already know it is going to be a sweet performer.
                  I soldered the 2 intake & exhaust fan wires together so they would run off of one connector, cutting down on the amount of wires. I got the idea, cause when I got the first case with the silver accents, thats what kingwin did.
                  I am going to do this system right and take my time. Especially on all of the wiring. All the wires are going to be wrapped. Which means I will have to take off the ends to put the sleeving and heatshrink on and everything else. I am going to make sure it is worthy to take some nice pics and send em' out to Kingwin and some other places and maybe get some bennies out of it.
                  I already got a free Asus T-shirt, Newegg T, 2 Polo style shirts from Milwalkee(sp) pc. Performance-pc sent me all the extra wiring wrap, and heatshrink for free, plus a bunch of other stuff. Just by explaining what I was doing and that I would do reviews for them(which I already did). They said after its done, if I send out pics and put their names in "thanks to the support of" they will send me some hardware to help me keep it "up to date".
                  So I am more than HAPPY.
                  I just can't wait till I get the case and can get started on the build. I have a LOT of stuff already prepped for it though, so it shouldn't take more than a day to do it right.

Chez:cheers:

ANOTHER BOOK :blah: :blah: :blah:

Comment

Working...
                  X