Higher speed CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher speed CPU

Call me a party pooper but wouldn't it be easier and more cost efficient to just buy a faster CPU? I've been looking at all means of cooling and it seems it would be cheaper to just buy a faster CPU.

Yep ya're a party pooper. :rofl:

Comment

Don't forget the PRIDE FACTOR...:thumb:
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

its not just the cpu speed or pride, but we can also squeeze more performande out of our ram by increasing the fsb, for example:
        an XP3200+ runs at default, 200x11=2200MHz
        or my XP2600+ overclocked to 233x10=2330MHz
        this allows my ram to make use of the extra 33, or 66 effective MHz
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Part of the problem where I live is that we don't have A/C. Snow is on the ground for 9 months of the year at an altitude of 2 miles high. But, being that high in the summer, it gets up to 90+ in the house. Outdoor ambient air temp has never reached over 86. So, for the couple months it's hot, whats the best cooling solution?

Comment

No aircon here either though I'm only 3000' above sea level.

Comment

we have aircon here, but it doesn't reach my computer, but also, 90+F is a bit under 40C, every summer, you can be guaranteed that the temp outside will reach at least 40C
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Ok, so bottom line. Should I put a freezer or water chiller on for the couple months I need it. It gets down to -20f here but I keep it at 60f inside. In the winter I could run a blowhole INTO the computer, I'm not above drilling a big hole into this place.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                  you can be guaranteed that the temp outside will reach at least 40C
                  Holy mother ****** of jesus!!! :eek:

And I'm whining and about to die whenever it reaches over like 27C... LOL

+5C is the sweetspot IMO, then ya can wear shorts and a t-shirt without gettin' all wet by the sweat.. :)

ADMIN EDIT - Please watch the language!

Comment

If the high temp of the day is going to be over +32f, I wear shorts. This is the HIGH country. What makes it bad in the summer is that A: too close to the sun, and B: air is too pure so that it lets all the UVA and UVB rays in. At 80f, we whine. WAY too many sunrays. I call Denver, at 1 mile high, lowlanders. Humidity up here runs below 20%. Don't even think about not wearing sunglasses or you will go snow-blind.

Comment

Before I left Sydney we had 3 straight weeks where temps didn't drop below 36C and peaked at 46C twice so I'm very happy to be up here in the mountains now (so are my PC's).

Comment

Try cooling at 10'500 feet. Need to maintain a comfortable ambient for me, and don't want to freeze the pipes. Air temps in the house tend to rise slow and decline slow. I can dress for the cold but strip down naked and still sweat in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                          3 straight weeks where temps didn't drop below 36C and peaked at 46C twice
                          Man that's just sick, I can't understand how anythin' living can stay alive at that temp..
                          God for you that you got ya brew then right.. lol

Comment

Working...
                          X