Thermaltake Volcano 7+ or Vantec AeroFlow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake Volcano 7+ or Vantec AeroFlow

Once again guys I need your opinion, this time it's in buying a HSF. I have just upgraded my whole system to a P4 2.53 Ghz and dislike the stock fan. I am now looking for a new HSF and don't know which to choose from, so far I have in mind the Thermaltake Volcano 7+ or Vantec AeroFlow. Does anyone own a AeroFlow if so how well does it perform?
    Ohh, one last thing :blah: does the Volcano 7+ work with a Vantec Nexus Multifunction panel??

Cheers

I can't comment on the AeroFlow but the 7+ is keepin' my 2.4B P4 @ 2.7GHz at a cool 34C atm under 100% CPU load with the fan on low speed. As for it workin' with the Vantec Nexus Multifunction panel, it should provided ya set the 7+'s fan for full speed operation only.

Comment

does the 7+ have full speed or regulaged mod? (I might put it in my test system b/c it seems cheap and simple) and it what watts does it use....how many i mean

Comment

Guess I'll have to wait for some one who uses a AeroFlow so I get a user opinion. One more thing Wiggo, if I was to connect the 7+ to nexus multifunc panel how would I do it? There are soo many cables on the fan it's not funny.:wow:

Comment

For full speed operation ya just leave out the switch section of wiring.

Fan specs:

0.55 amp max.
          6.6w max
          49cfm max.
          H.S. 6000rpm @ 47dBA (this speed not used by me)
          M.S. 4800rpm @ 35dBA
          L.S. 3000rpm @ 24dBA

Comment

My friend who has two identical pc's has recently bought a vantec aeroflow and a volcano 10 from a pc fair . He was told that the Volcano 10 is more suited to people who clock their pc's. The vantec was slightly cheaper and quieter comparing when the two. When both pc's were running with light loads, the temp's were approx the same. When running a network game, the Volcano temps were only slightly higher but he did say that he had put more memory into the Volcano pc.

Comment

If your running P4 go for the Spark 7+ XE it cools like the 7+ (its same thing except only for P4 and its temp control goes in a 5.25inch bay but you can mod it to go into a 3.5 inc one)

Comment

Working...
              X