Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcano's working and the results

:cheers:

My temp's are dropping......I've had the pc running now in a fairly cool room, and the temperature is 41 degrees' (over 10 degree's less than my previous hsf)

I now need a few extractor fans and muhahaha.

Thanks guys

: peace2:

A reward for you all

Well that's great!!!

BTW: The reward is excellent :thumb:

Comment

That's good to hear (though I've used more than enough of them to keep on usin' them).

Comment

hmmm 41, its a great impmrovement but still seems pretty high...are you using AS3? or am ijust ignorent?

Comment

Update on the temps.

With the pc just running, i get temps around 28-32 degrees

With something like unreal 2003 running it rises to around 41-44.

This is a big drop fom what i was getting. Nearer 58+

Now i just need some extractors or holes drilling in the case to push all the hot air out.

Thanks all.:cheers:

Comment

This XP2600+ @ 2.26GHz of mine with a room temp of 20C atm has a case/system temp of 25C and CPU temp of 37C under 100% load (SETI never stops here) so the 7+ is doin' it's job well.

Comment

my xp1700+ running at over 1.8ghz with load at 39-41C depending on the room temp. :thumb: thats on medium.!

I got v11 on the way, see how that compares

Comment

I have my 2.66ghz @ 2.8ghz with default heatsink and thermal pad (included in the heatsink) idles at 34-28 (used to be 41-46)

Comment

@all

Sorry forgot to state, My temp's are also achieved when the Volcano is set to medium. The pc has now been running solidly for two days. At some points it been left to download and others i've had a blast or two at forgotten battles. It seems to stay around the high 30's temps wise

Its not as noisy as i was expecting either. Thanks for telling me to get the Volcano 7+

Any other recommedations for cooling ?

@toolbox yes i used the paste that came with the Volcano 7 :am i better of using something else?

ps. has anbody used hdd coolers?

Comment

Working...
                  X