Volcano 7+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcano 7+

Can somebody tell me where the brown plug goes. I've been given the Volcano 7+ minus the instructions. The Volcano is in two parts, the main cooler and the speed controller. The speed controller i've attached to the cooler with the red/yellow/black lead. The yellow lead with white plug is attached to the mainboard and the power lead is stuck on a spare power cable.

On booting the pc, it gets going for a few seconds and then the pc shuts down. Obviously the lead needs fitting to something but could i be missing something else too?

RTFM first! Read the manual that came with the volcano 7+. If you do not have documentation go to the thermaltake website. If that doens't help then lots of review sites will probably have a brief tutorial of how to attatch it. Just make sure your HSF is on the right way! I turned my Volcano 11 around, and I forgot that the bottom had a ridge on it. I was having problems exactly like yours, and my CPU temp. was a reported 80 Celcius, my mobo would even freeze in the BIOS (All these made me say WTF! I went down to my friend at the comp. shop, and we were sitting there and tried an old-skool Duron w/ the stock cooler. My system worked fine. I told him to flip the Heatsink, and bam, that was it. I was puzzled just as much as he was, but I learned a valuable lesson. That lesson is not what you think it is. I was having a terrible day at that time, and I was gonna kick the **** out of this weird-ass kid that kept annoying me, but instead I held it in, and I was mad at another person, and then my computer turned on for 5-7 seconds and shut off. Thats when I slammed my wall two times with my fist, and then kicked a huge-ass hole in the wall in my hallway. I was extremely PO'd and was suprised I felt no pain at all when my foot with only a sock on it slammed through that sucker. Anyway I had a talk with my dad and told him what happened. In the end he said that me kicking a hole in the wall was better than stomping the freak's face, and so I learned how to do sheetrock. Right now I just have to sand down the mud I slapped on the wall after I cut out the broken section, and place a new one I cut in there. The lesson I learned is when you are working on your box it is important to be relaxed and just chill. I knew if I kicked that persons ass there wouldn't be a hole in the wall, but I probably would go to Juvee as my school has a 0 tolerance policy for violance, and if I did fight that biatch I personally know that I would not stop, and would have to be restrained. To put it nicely it wouldn't be pretty :steam: I already got in trouble for leveling this one freshman with a shoulder-block just because I felt he 'deserved it' as it is kind of a tradition in H.S. but it is a dying tradition :(. Some people need their asses kicked, but with these new policies there exists a new breed of scum that should be punished for what they do. You younger guys probably know the people that aren't the most popular in the world, that will bug you to death just to get a rise out of you. It is these strange *******s that need a busted nose! Computer-geeks are usually peaceful men, but this is not exactly true in my case. I am not claiming to be a badass nor do I consider myself one, But I feel that the skool policy needs a reworking, as some people deserve a decking, and that's probably the best way to solve it!!! I am not a bully or anything, but I believe in justice. I am a Sophomore and ~125 pounds... Not the most threatening character in the world, but if you know how to push the right buttons, I can become extremely aggressive :grr:

Lol ok so I got a little off topic, but yea ummm just chill, and take it one step at a time. If all else fails most likely it's your powersupply, but make sure you have it all hooked up right. Tell us how it works out... L8r br0 and feel the : peace:

BTW: After I wrote this I saw your name... 'kickmyass'. Lol what a coincidance, I wonder if I spotted that sublimanally in my brain, and that's what set me off? The human brain works like that :thumb:

Comment

Thanks for that Xboy i think.

I have refitted the volcano with the leads all in the correct position.

Within seconds of powering up the pc, it cuts right off. I disconnected all the other items i could to check whether it was draining too much juice but i got the same results. (I don't get a chance to enter the bios and reset it)

I asked a pc techie at work and he reckons that certain boards don't work with the Volcano.

Has anybody heard this statement elsewhere ?

oh yea the board i have is a Soltek 75frv

Comment

Hoorah i've got it working......i'll tell you all how i fixed it when i recover from the embarassment.....oooh lordie

Comment

lemme guess, conected to the wrong one?? so the mobo wasnt getting RPMs and was shutting down????:?:

Comment

Believe me , i wish that had been the problem.......like a dumbass, i had pt the cpu fan on the heatsink back to front, so that when mounting the Volcano to my cpu, the ridge was at the opposite end and there was basically a gap between the two to ride a coach thro'

Thanks for everything :drool:

ok tell me when you've stopped laughing

Comment

Don't sweet it as plenty of others have installed HSF's backwards as well.

Comment

Working...
              X