laptop screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
    Youll be in for a few surprises which will turn into barriers at some stage of the mod development. Getting the lcd into the case is easy enough (My mates (failed) project had it on a hinge on the side of his case), but powering it and finding a driver/interface will be the hardest part. Id google the model number and get as much info about the screen as possible. Especially its power requirements.

Thats as far as my mate got with his project. He finally found something to power the screen, but he is still stuck on the interface and how to 'drive' the screen.
    well i googled the model number (or at least what i thought was the model number ;)) and it didn't find anything

the power suppply: it has an inveter already attached to it(in the original pic, the little circuit board down the bottom)
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

here are the pics of the model number (if anyone wants to help me out and try googling the model number(s) coz i can't find anything :()
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Ok here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1327840627 and a pic below. ;)

Comment

looks prett schweet

hope ya can get it working andy
          TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
            looks prett schweet

hope ya can get it working andy
            so do it :)
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Goodluck with it andy!

Comment

If you can get it working andy it would the ultimate LAN case... No need to bring a monitor.

Comment

Has anyone thought of asking that guy who was sellin the case how he did it? or did he just stck an LCD moniter on the case. Also you know you can get laptops and comps to display on screens and projectors, couldn't you make the laptop screen the output device thing, then you just have the problem of wireing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepps
                    then you just have the problem of wireing it up.
                    which has always been the problem :(
                    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Doing what you are trying to do is so difficult you can't imagine...

* IF you were the engineer that designed that LCD screen, and still had all the specs....

AND

* IF you were a brilliant computer programmer capable of writing your own drivers from scratch

AND

* IF you were a brilliant electrical engineer who could build from scratch a video card to send the LCD the correct signals to display a vga output...

THEN after investing 100 hours of work and 300 dollars of parts (not to mention access to an electrical engineering lab worth a few hundred grand) You MIGHT have a 25 % chance of getting it to work.....

I am working on an engineering degree, and I know enough about the world to tell you that. Sorry to crush your hopes like that.. hehe...

Now if you started with a kit LCD screen designed for tinkering, thats different, it is already powered, and has specs you can access.... Its still extremely difficult, but....

Comment

:cry: :cry: :cry:
                        thxs, i wud of wasted many hours...now what to do with this broken laptop..

Comment

Mod it to throw it in the trash can!

Comment

:\ damn...

ahhh well... i can just cut a hole in my case, and stick it in there and say its an incomplete mod ;)
                            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Nah you will ruin your case with it!

Comment

What about if you put a whole latop in the comp, and found a way to use the laptop as an output device? like a projector.

Shepps

Comment

Working...
                                X