[B] Anybody into Robotics/Lan/StarWars/Remote
    Well than, How's about a full size R2D2 unit that is all the above
    as well as Kick Ass computer inside???????? :wow:
    :wave: Yo!

You could even have one of those wall projectors instead of a monitor. :D

Comment

:wave: for shore enough.......and imagine hologram

of Jedi Master Yoda kickin' empire butt.........:bounce: :cool:
      Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

i wanted to intergrate a Laptop into my boot and run the K/b and screen down front for the ultimate mobile Mp3/game station :)

and run a 4 port hub so the passengers can hookup and have some LAN action on long trips.

worked out how to get it woking too
        Jaycar sell 12v-> 13-20V converters for laptops
        and hubs are 12V :)

all i'd ned is a decent laptop and some ribbon cable to send the K/b and screen down

and also some money to finance it
        TT Original

Comment

Were would you keep the HD, I think you'd get a lot of bad sectors if you kept it in your boot. :D

If more people brought laptops with'em I would so carry around a hub with mine.

Comment

How about building a computer into a half-keg? Have the tap be the power button!

No! NO! I got it!
            Get a dog.

Build computer into one of the vest thingys for the dog. Now you can walk your computer to the LAN party!

:laugh:

Wish I new were there were LAN parties around here.

Comment

Sorry for the triple post, But I happened upon the ultimate rig to use to build a lan party box.

You just need to ignore the price tag of about 1 and a half g's.

Now if it only came with a chair.

Comment

Okay,Nego, or is it SmokeytheBalrog{speaking of which you
                now register as being online under both names simultaneously}
                How is that:?:
                well,anywho, here's one for all the window mod and Bling Bling Cold Cathoid freaks out there: A Geodesic Dome styled
                case..........think of all the refraction of pretty lights from all those
                potential light Prisms:wow: :wow: Maybe ya could even make
                a dimmer switch/clap on mod.........even a lampshade:wave:
                Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

What probably happened is I open one of my account go to the cp to get any new threads that are active and then erase TT cookies and open my other account.

Ironically this thread slipped through, unnoticed until now.

Going back to my dog idea, I wonder how much weight could a dog carry? I guess it would have to by a sff comp with an LCD screen. Guess you would prob. break your dog with a full tower and a 19+ inch screen. :laugh:

Geodesic dome...hmmm got picts?

Comment

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this ? But...
                    I was looking at this case (I don't remember where I got the image from - cudos to whomever created / owns it)
                    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

And I started thinking...:grr:
                      If you were gonna create a custom case, why wouldn't you go with a modified laydown style ? (think old PC's)
                      Have the mobo flat down. The heavy HSF wouldn't be "hanging on" anymore. And heat could be pulled straight up - off the mobo / components. (since heat rises)
                      What do you think ? Yes it would take up more desk space, but since we're talking about a custom case, wouldn't you want to show it off ?
                      Tell me your thoughts...
                      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

You could even have a combo. Half laydown - Half tower.
                        Laydown section for mobo / components.
                        Tower section for water cooling / refrigerator type cooling.
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Actually there are still a lot of lay down / desktop models around. The problem that they have that towers were created to deal with was the large amount of desk space that they take up while have limited space of accessories like multiple HD and CD drives.

I don?t think there has yet been a good solution. There are SFF pc?s in all shapes. Tower desktop, Darth Vader?s helmet, but they all have a small amount of space of stuff.

:thumb:
                          If you want a *desktop* case go for it. But remember they usually end up taking more space then just a monitor would and if you put a monitor on top of it, that will interfere with vertical ventilation.

Also, you're closer to the case and any noise it generates.

:confused: My solution has been the 4th dimensional computer. The 4th dimension being time, I haven't built it yet, so I don?t have to figure out space or noise concerns yet, though I also don't get any of the benefits... yet.
                          :(

:blah:

Comment

Working...
                          X