I scratched my window today !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I scratched my window today !

AAARRRRHHHHH !!!! I scratched my window today !
    All I have to say is....:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    SPAM Special Ops

Now that totally sux. :(

Comment

Damn.....how did you scratch it?

You know a few days ago I thought I had a scratch it mine. But it turns out it was just the reflection of the sun on the dust pattern that formed on the inside.

Comment

I'm not even gona tell ya what i did to one of my comps a couple of years ago...

Comment

The scratch is about an inch long..:snip:
          I brought my tower to work to give it a blow job (air compressor).
          I had the side panel off, but the fan was still connected.
          I leaned the side panel against the back of the tower while I was blowing the dust out from inside when I moved the tower to get at the front panel...when...the side panel tipped over onto the steel end of a Quick-Grip bar clamp which was clamped to a manual hand press - I WATCHED IN HORROR !!! :cry:
          Now, my pretty case window has been violated.
          On the plus side however, I did get a lot of dust out...
          P.S. I found out that my tower weighs 41 Lbs.
          Did I also mention that I haven't slept in a few days...The wife and I are in the process of buying a house...Now all we have to do is sell our condo.
          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

E^vol ya can buff it out by hand But, unless you have
            showcar paint job............not likely to have products on hand
            which cost around $20.00 usd......... 3M Perfect-it II Rubbing compound-Fine Cut and Meguires Pro Show Car Glaze #7
            If ya use 'em do small circular motion rubbing compound first
            till smooth than horizontal/vertical/diagonal-both nw 2 se & sw 2 ne...........not to be alarmed bout minute scratches as glaze will
            more than just fill those.....couple a 3 coats .........and niether product contains wax/silicone...........too bad ya not living between
            Seattle & Portland, i'd do for nadda, cuz your a TT ppl.....;) :wave:
            Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Or..... an acrylic polishing kit. I had one for my reef tank and it worked wonders on CDs and other plastics also. It was basically a medium grit solution and a fine grit solution, which I used with a buffing wheel. It made my tank and CDs look brand new. :) I did a quick google and came up with this --

Cleaning and polishing products for scratch free acrylic fixtures! See our complete line of acrylic display products in our online catalog!

and this

Hope it helps. :)

Comment

Working...
              X