Head phone sockets - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head phone sockets - HELP!

I've got an SB Live Value ( Thanks Mr Tweak for stealing the 5.1 ), my predictament,(Due to my shift workers life style and Mr Tweaks 9-5) I want to put a head phone socket on the front of my case and link it to the SB live. I've got the socket cable etc etc, just no FARKING idea where to start.

you can buy a headphone extension with a 3 /14" plug on one end and a socket on the other. they are usually 1-2m long so you can polug it in and runit to the front of your case or just run it to you headphones ;)

you could get one from TANDY or Jayco ;)
    TT Original

Comment

Dick Smith's even and the components can be bought separately so that you could actually fit it to the front of the case with very little trouble. ;)
      <center> </center>

Comment

Get yourself one of these and then get a 3.5mm stereo extention cable of your desired length. If you really, really want that front plug for plugging in headphones, then just run the cable from your sound card in through a hole in your case (mine goes in thru a com port hole (so does my lpt lcd kit) then mount it wherever you want & cut a hole.

Instant front audio port.

I have mine on the desk atm, cable is way too long to go inside me case atm, and my current system of having external speaker plug up on desk held firmly to it with blutak (sadly, dse dont supply that...off to woolies for that...grab some M&ms while your there) is working fine. Big speakers for downing tangos in ghost recon, headphones for late night downing of said terrorists.

have fun

Comment

I was checking this thread a few days ago and thought this case mod could actually be usefull so I checked in with about 3 Electronics shops inlcuding dse in town and they all did not have any panel mount 3.5 stereo sockets :( so that little case mod is gonna have to wait till they order them in, In the mean time the bright blue led looks to be a goer and should go good with my recently painted case :)

Comment

virtual hideout had a guide to moving your rca plugs to the front of the case a long time ago.
            Can't seem to find it now... must have been on their old server

Comment

hang on here it is
              RCA guide

Comment

Working...
              X