good case modding tutorails? espec. cutting holes for fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good case modding tutorails? espec. cutting holes for fans

im n00b at case modding and im thinking of cutting a hole ont he top of my case for an 80 mm fan cuz my case seems a bit hot, does anyone have any good tutorials that can teach me?

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20020724/index.html ;)

Comment

has a window, but no fan tutorial, sorry to be picky, because maybe there is something different from installing a fan from a window ya know what i mean

Comment

I would've though that would have been enough as the principle is the same just smaller. :confused: :cry:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I think j0b0sapi3n meant hole size, location, how to line-up everything...:?:
          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Simple w/ fans as a 80mm fan = 78mm hole, 92mm fan = 90mm hole, etc. Ya could also d/l and print out diagrams for fans that layed out where ya had to drill and cut as well (anyone remember the link for those?).

Comment

Lots'a tips and templates to be had from there.

Plan the project, measure 3 times, keep a steady hand - how can you go wrong:?:
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thanx Mr.C just the one I couldn't think of. :thumb:

but then I don't use them :devil:

Comment

Just had to figure out exactly what to type in the box at Google (took 2 tries).
                  have I ever mentioned how much I love Google:D

Never used them either, but then I think I might have natural talents for making holes in stuff:laugh:
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

actually i didn't completely finish the window tutorial, and i doo not think i have a drill or that saw, any way to use a screw and a handsaw??

Comment

Don't ya know someone that ya can borrow a drill and jigsaw from as these are even cheap to buy plus always come in handy? :?:

Comment

well im only a teenager still lol im not sure if its safe for me to do it by myself, even tho i have taken woodshop and stuff, maybe i could jsut cut vents and then 4 holes for the fan?

Comment

LOL
                          Do I detect a lack of confidence?

I'd reccomend acquiring a drill at a minimum. You could drill a bunch of holes for the intake area of the fan (that after all is what the case manufacturers do), though 1 big hole does allow much more airflow. I have on one occasion drilled a bunch of holes and used a small file to remove the material between them to make the large hole. Just be sure to use a centerpunch so your drill bit doesn't wander.

Making holes in your beloved PC is kind of a nervy undertaking the first time, no doubt about it.

But you now have several guides you requested, so when you are ready it is there for you.

Have fun!

Comment

Grab an old piece of sheet steel first and practise a few holes into that first. ;)

Comment

Use a dremil with cut off wheel attachments, goes right through pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X