how to install those light tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to install those light tubes

hi,i just recived 2 of those light tubes that u can put in ur case,but the only problem is,i DONT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL IT!.
    i have a 400watt powersupply if that is helpful.

If ya mean which wires that ya connect (asumin' that it wasn't fitted w/ a molex plug) then connect the +12v wire from the light to one off the PSU's yellow wires (this is the +12v wire) then connect the -12v wire from the light to the black beside the yellow wire that ya just used. If ya mean how to mount it the that can be done in several ways dependin' on the model and case. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

If you want to keep it nice and neat, Dick Smith sell the little molex connectors in packets for a couple of dollars.

Just remember that the yellow wire on the molex socket is +12v, and the black wires are the earth. (the red wire is +5v)

Your case will look better if you use the same colours to wire up your lights. Don't use any old thing you have laying around, or it will look like crap. :no:

Cheers, :cheers:
      MR

Comment

this is probably the only time in my life i will get to correct wiggo, but its ground or 0v not -12V :D :D 12v on one side and -12 on another would give you 24v. :D :D :D
        But it is the black wire next to the yellow.

Comment

Well ya are and ya ain't as both the 5 & 12 volt rails each have their own ground so the negative of each is give the minus value so that ya use the right one so I'll stick to that way as it's been around a long time now. :p
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

well since im not too familiar w. the build of psu, i will say that you might be right that the both rails have their own grounds, but it still makes it a ground and not a -12v rail. :D :D
            connect the -12v wire
            there is a -12v rail in the psu, and that would give 24v
            but you did say "black beside the yellow wire " so i know that you mean the ground for the +12v :D :D
            But you still rule!!!!
            Wiggo ===>

:cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Know lttl of Bling Bling mods outside of pc's i

have built 4 udders.........am in2 function not form.....

but Wiggo gotcha old school style.......sooooo.. give it

up :cheers: fo da man ........Hey, Ryder o' Newcastle

dat av won't stop bbbbbmmmmpppin' long enuf to tell

but side plate says Snortin' Norton........kinda reminds

me o' da old AJS's........What da hell year & model?????

Have '58 Bone shaker & '69 850cc Commando........

hell, to keep dis on thread my pc monitor sports NORTON

Logo........so PM me on dat O.K.? OKAY!!:devil: : peace2:
              Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Working...
              X