making my baybus bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making my baybus bezel

I am thinking of making my own baybus, but I am not any good with making the holes allign, so does anyone have a trick of making them straight???

No tricks.
    Measure everything 3 times, then once again to be sure. Mark locations carefully, and use a centerpunch (the automatic kind is best) to make a small indentation at the point to be drilled so that the bit does not wander.

A good size nail with the point slightly blunted will suffice for a punch - easy on the budget too. Doesn't take a huge indentation, just enough for the tip of the drill bit to rest in so you can get a clean start.

Of course if you can afford a VersaLaser it'll be a snap:)
    Saw one of those on TechTV, it's a printer with a laser mounted where the printhead would normally be -- I want one for Christmas
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Grab some masking tape and cover the outside surface with it and then grab ya pencil and ruler and mark it all out first to ya satisfaction before goin' further (if ya make a mistake just apply more tape and start again). ;)

Good wirin' diagrams can be found here, http://www.fanbus.com/thelab/Schemat...schematics.htm, also and good luck with it. :thumb:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

make a small indentation at the point to be drilled so that the bit does not wander
        I see you figured out my problem.

use a centerpunch
        DOH!
        I knew that, I just seen it in my garage last week.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. Checking out that versalaser thing, looks pretty darn cool.
        But for that price i can get a 6point roll cage. Thats what i want for xmas.

Comment

Good luck with the roll cage!
          I'm quite certain I won't be receiving the VersaLaser:cry:

My wife just informed me yestrday that she is leaving for FL today to help a friend who is having serious medical issues.

So I will have to make do with the new DVD player that Santa brought early:D I can live with that with no difficulty!
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
          X