Modding my case for better cooling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding my case for better cooling.

Just shows the outtake in the top. It's a 120 mm cooler.
    Going to make an intake in the side as soon as i've got the time.
    I realize my case aint the best for modding but what the hell you got to start somewhere... :)

might be a little to big for an exaust? Oh well it works right?

Comment

Yes, i'm going to use a 120 mm fan for intake in the side to, and i have an 80 mm outtake in the back of the case to, that is going to give me a little bit more outtake than in, i think that is better than vice versa.

Comment

75 cfm in
        95 cfm out

Comment

Actually to have a bit more going in than out is better plus will keep dust from from being sucked in thru other openings in the case (another 25-30cfm intake fan down infront will do it). ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

personally I don't think you can ever have to much going in.

THere are many different views on what many different people think. Liek one though is if you have too much intake then exaust it could actually cause backpressure on the intake fans and cause the air to go right back out. Or if you have too exaust air could be sucked into any unfiltered opening in the case. THings like that. My case is about even. Except for maybe the dual fans that I have on my HD cooler but doesn't really count as intake.

Comment

I've just have a whole heap of air blowing everywhere, and it works :thumb:
              I have my 120mm on the top, I put mine externaly, so it didn't trap any air.

Comment

I was thinking of moving my top exaust fan to the top of the case too. Make it look like a blower on a hot rod. (I can get 20 more MHz out of that). But anyway I haven't quite figured out how to get the wire from the outside of the case to the inside. Haveing a fan on the top also helps cool down your PSU.

Comment

I have pics somewhere....
                  you pretty much drill a hole, then make a cut along to it and slide the wires down, WITH OUT cuting the wire shilding, else you have 12v running through your case.
                  And you don't need a high power 120mm because the hot air will rise to it, and the 120mm is mainly for size.

Comment

I've seen a few like that and then they hid the fan under a car's air filter housing minus the filter. These are for old carbies and are about 6-8-10" dia and about 2" high and usually highly chromed with a perforated steel separatin' the top from the bottom. ;)
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well I already have an 80MM sunon at the top of my case. I can manage getting the wire through a hole but what about the passthrough molex connectors? That would have to be a really big hole. And as I look down at my computer as I type this I notice I can even slip it through if I wanted to. Unless I drilled a bit away from my fan? Like a piece of the plastic on the fans exterior casing?

Comment

Read post above. ;)

Comment

lol didn't see that.

but wait how am I supposed to hide the fan?

Comment

I have i have 4 80mm intake fans plus and empty drivebay with a drive bay fan and 3 exhaust fans one of those is a PCI slot fan...that setup works real well.
                            - Damien

Comment

I once bought a PCI slot fan cooler and was gonna use it. THe damn thing would fit in the slot unless I removed the PCI slot below the video card. I wanted it to remove some heat comming off the fan of my vdieo card. That would probably remove alot of heat from my PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X