Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-ROM Bezel Modding

Hey guys!

I just bought an Enermax CS-3051L-S3A, you can see it here.

My CD-Rom drives are the standard beige/off-white color, and they look kinda crappy with the new hip case... :cool:

So, I'm wondering what's involved in changing out CD-Rom bezels, and where do you get them. I think silver would do just fine, and i know Lian Li sells some, but how specific do you have to be with them? Do you have to buy them for your actual drive, or is it sort of a one-size-fits-all deal? These drives aren't special in any way, they look like regular-old cdrom drives.

Please share any experiences or advice you might have.

Thanks!

~ Jannae.

can you cut one of the bays nad paste it to the cd rom and then you will have a covered cd rom.... it might look cool!

Comment

Originally posted by saidin
      can you cut one of the bays nad paste it to the cd rom and then you will have a covered cd rom.... it might look cool!
      actually i've seen some covers that lloked like someone did just that. They sell they at computer shows for like $3. I've haven't seen them online, as i dunno what you would call them... drive cutouts???

Comment

Silver paint maybe, http://www.casejunkiez.com/articles/...ve_paint.shtml :?:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The silver paint looks better, but not great.... I like theidea of covering the drives with the actualy bezel! :hammer:

Comment

Here's another solution in this thread, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=3830 ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help... I'm going to check out a few of these suggestions tonight. I'll let you know how they go!

Comment

Working...
              X