No announcement yet.

My first Case Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If not, HomeDepot has a nice one for $30 this week.

Comment

Only $30? Wow, may have to go get that if I can...

Comment

It truthfully depends on the dremel you use. THey very in power. THe fact that my dremel has alot of HP but very little tourque. It can spin at a max speed of 30K RPM!! I set it around 5 and it just ripped right through the case like it was butter.

Comment

lol yeah I noticed that the last time I used one. Spins incredibly fast but just doesnt have the tourque

Comment

Sorry guys but I much prefer to use a jigsaw as mistakes are harder to make plus ya don't have to dodge pieces of shattered cuttin' wheels flyin' about. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yea Jig saws are really cool, I'm probably gonna buy the $30 one at Home Depot, just because the one my dad has is 30 years old or so, and its beggining to crap out.

Comment

Well my bro Does have a kig saw. So now I don't have to spend $30 :) :thumb:

Comment

High RPM, sparks a-spattering and pieces-o-wheel popping - I just love that stuff, getting close up and personal with the destruction:thumb:

Nice job smokinAMD!

I recall my first cut really had me nervous being I was torqing on my beloved PC like that. Not nearly as heart-wrenching the second time around. LOL
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I've just spent the last 30 minutes cuttin' 3 x 80mm holes in the missus' case and fittin' 3 x 34cfm Antec fans plus grills for some extra airflow. ;)

This metal blade here must have done at least 3 dozen fan holes now, wonder how many more I'll get out of it? :?:

Comment

lol, bet you have that down to a science huh wiggo?

Comment

Practise makes perfect. ;)

Comment

Yes definately.

Comment

Finally added the fans huh Wiggo?...how did the come out..wassup with the temps...nice?
                            - Damien

Comment

The took PC No.2's case temps down from 11c down to 4c above room temp which brought the CPU (CPU runs 16c above the case under load) down just as much but while the 7+ had the fluff mat in it CPU temps in the high 50c's low 60c's where showing up bit the CPU didn't mind till a few 36c days we had (sadly no aircon here) and when a game was bein' played with Seti runnin' got the temp over 65c and started booting the game back to the desktop. I've got the shutdown temp set at 70c (down from the default 85c) but it never tripped it. Goin' to have to re-examine my temp suggestions for temps read from the internal diode I guess. : peace2:

Comment

Yeah. Those case fans really dropped the temps then huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X