Mini-Monster (wood edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini-Monster (wood edition)

Ok guys thought i would post my new build.
    However im not sure if i will cancel it or not, see how things go, as Monster 3 may take priority at some point.

Stage 1, thought id remodel Monster to look as similar to big monster as possible.

This is going to be a mini itx build though in wood.

Last edited by Pablo; 06-22-2011, 10:49 PM.

Re: Mini-Monster (wood edition)

Ok, i think i would like to start at the mobo tray.

1. Find some stock wood.

Comment

Hmm, still basically a tree, so must saw it off ,depth it plane, it trim it .

Last edited by Pablo; 06-22-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

As far as i know, i cant route out the holes, so sadly, its gonna have to be the traditional way.

Comment

Comment

Ok, lets leave that bit for the moment.

Think ill have a go at the pci rear part

so again need to saw off, cut trim, depth, this time thickness of 20mm, as gonna make as solid.

Comment

ok leave this part for a while, as my turning machine is set for a job that would be close to what i need for my feet, i can adjust after a little and start turning.

Now im not sur if a little too tall, but workmate has got a good point, he said if foot too small, its not worth me turning something fancy, if it wont be seen.

So done theese, what you recon?, i quite like them myself, need to make bottom to test them on really.

This is as far as ive got so far, can only do very small amounts at a time, time restrictions.

Till next update

Comment

Comment

Cool man, can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Comment

Thanks LSD, This may be a slow build this time though.

But, im at it again, as i now work in a wood production job now.

Comment

Slow or not, I'm sure it will turn out great man!

Those feet are cool, forgot to mention that before, very nice!

Haha, since you are working in wood production I bet you get this one done sooner than you were thinking :)

Comment

You do have a very good point, as what i did in 15 mins, would prob take about 3 hours if done diy? possibly.

Hoping the feet arent too tall, workmate said if i made too small, you wouldnt see them and would be no point making fancy turned feet to start with.

Comment

Haha, ya man, all that work would take me forever! Probably would take me forever even if I was in a wood shop too :)

Feet height all depends on where you plan to set the system up at, if they end up being too tall you could always sand some off so it's better to have them too tall instead of too short.

Comment

Right, 15mins walk to shop, allowed 15 mins to do some more on the pc.

So, had prepped the wood for rear panel. This time however i trimmed down using the ripsaw, this allowed me a straight edge for better trimming and squaring on the circular saw.

Couldnt take pic of wip on the ripsaw, as its to dangerous and had no one to take pic.

Ok, now fortunately i have a 70mm tool, so i could just about fit this into a standard pillar drill, which was really handy, saves alot of setting up on different machine.

Who needs CNC router, marked this quick and by hand, and both holes perfect alignment, guess many years of experience does show sometimes.

Hopefully i will have some more time tomoz, to do a little more.

However im really happy with how its coming out so far, and is looking nice using proper stock material, rather than rubbish

Comment

wow, nice machine you have there

can't wait to see the result

and please attach the temperature inside after finished, little worried about the heat
                              My 3 simple question
                              When? Why? How?

Comment

Working...
                              X