Monster2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster2

Now i wont lie, i have this build on another forum, but maybe you would like to see it?

will build this up as i get time, but pc is running and is what im typing on now.

The initial idea, was that i wanted to step up 1, and decided, why dont i make the case i want it to be to start, so this pc was initialy ONLY meant to be a case build.

Was never about making a pc, as i was very happy with Monster1.

anyway, ive still got artwork to be done in August......

I lost my job/found another etc etc, so has been rollercoaster build, with time/money issues.

I started with a very quick sketchup model.

The temptation to spend weeks on a 3d model and full rendering and arty farty design, didnt appeal to me, as long as i got dimensions correct and had drawings basic to work from, wouldnt be a prob, if i saw something i didnt like whilst making, i could then ignore drawing if i chose etc etc etc.

started here.

now this pic always got weird reactions, how you gonna fit stuff etc, i dont understand, hope all becomes clear in later pics.

2. powdered pigeion blue

3. boring bit, but wanted to do what i called seatx at time. no point having big case, without filling it out. but you gotta have a rear bracket eh?

4.better make a usb front part

5. better start panels, gotta lot of milling to do, this panel took ages to laser, but had already been quoted price. as i wanted hex holes you see.

6. shame original tray to weak and kinked, coz really wanted like this

7.oh gotta be like this at mo

8. ok bare metal panels only look goos to diy people as such eh/

so went in after the work, lasercut, watercut, milling, test fit.

now looked like this

time to fit stuff

oh it does fit, and internal structure beginning to make sense

should get dual quades in there no probs, although i went for triples

pump shelf working nicely as well, will get 3 pumps on shelf fine and still allow a 5970 to fit in

a look at the tft option, milled out to suit, although im not using this option currently
    Last edited by Pablo; 06-12-2010, 01:33 AM.

Re: Monster2

Will update more later, onto first post

Comment

Comment

Following on with the blue/white ud9/case/mobo/theme,

artist has sent what hes acheived so far for me, should look even better once laquered and other panels completed.

Comment

Ohh man, that is awesome!!

I was wondering where you were going with the "Monster" name, that looks great and I can't wait to see it all finished up!

Comment

Thanks, yeah, must admit, was pretty impressed when i got the first panel back.(not back, needs laquering), you know what i mean, a picture

The artwork as usual is better than the ref pics that were used(i was a little worried as ref pics, were ok, but not brilliant)

If i was to be really critical, i would of liked maybe more detail in the planets, maybe the odd skull on ground.

The panel is fully covered, wasnt sure about loosing all the white powder, but hes kept with the blue/white them nicely.

its got me excited and impatient about the top/front/left panel now.

However hes said in email, that other panels going along nicely and follows on from other panels perfectly.

Nice thing is, he said i spelty auxiliary wrong on front panel screen and would he like me to correct it?

Well of course, how can i not be impressed with that.

I chose him as hes amaxing at freehand artwork, that gives a more realistic, less clinical product than stenciled artwork/masked.

however hes got a stencil cutter, so can do text and stuff if required.

he does tell me that if you put too much stuff into a picture, you loose focus on the main zombie, which i understand, but having more to look at would still be good i think?

so hoping artwork isnt too overpowering on the case.

Currently, this is what the latest stage looks like, well all panels off now, but been trying to visualise it.

hope it hasnt lost its clean look too much?

Last edited by Pablo; 10-10-2010, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Few random pics, as not kept you updated lately

no bubbles anymore, if your asking

got loads of progress pics, but i think you get the idea.
              Last edited by Pablo; 10-10-2010, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Man, that is looking very cool!

Ya, I think maybe a little more detail in the planets would have been nice, but I guess you would have had to asked about that earlier or been there as he was painting it all.

I think it looks great, and no I don't think it's going to take too much away from the rest of the case.

Love your work man, it just looks so sophisticated!

I need to have you build me a short benching tray/station!

Comment

Last edited by Pablo; 10-10-2010, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Artist, says no problem, will look at detailing planets and adding skulls and zombie hand.

Bet this gonna put my bill up? was asked which panel i wanted it on, zombie hand/skulls.

oh well dont ask, dont get i suppose.

will keep you informed

Comment

Ask and i did recieve.

Comment

Awesome updates on that paint job!!

You like it now? I think it looks great now, well I did before too, but now it looks good for sure!

Comment

Yep, Now am happy, dont wanna push it too much, as too much now would be a chance of ruining it.

However until its laquered, it can be altered, so i hope he tells me off, if i ask for more.

Soon i think for last panels.

Comment

I agree, looks great as is now so best to leave it!

Get it lacquered before you change your mind again and mess it up :)

Comment

Are you ready?

Now its fair to say this artwork is pretty gruesome this time round, but its what i wanted.

Im not really a Pink and fairies artwork type person.

got pic of left panel now.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X