No announcement yet.

Case Windows Without the Rubber Locking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hole saws work great, I just find them to be expensive and rather short-lived when using them on metal.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

A jigsaw with at least a 32pt blade. :thumb:

Comment

:) If you cut the plexi with the same hole saw as you cut your case, shoudn't be a pretty close fit? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by drpeterbright
          :) If you cut the plexi with the same hole saw as you cut your case, shoudn't be a pretty close fit? :confused:
          Actually, the two cuts would differ in size by the kerf of the saw.
          So it's not going to be a press fit by any means.
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

:) Would regular aquarium sealer (silicone based cement) work ok to join the plexi & the case? :)

Comment

I'd think that would do the trick, or some silicone caulking - that way you would have some colors to choose from ie. clear, aluminum, white, red etc. etc.

Comment

:) I like the idea of the colors and caulking might be easier to work with. :)

Comment

A good hardware store should have a variety of colors.
                  In the automotive section you can usually find black RTV silicone. The aluminum can usually be found in the home-improvement section. There is usually almond color available for bathroom fixtures - might give that a look for a beige box.

Probably not going to find an exact color match, but if you look around you can at least get in the ballpark to go with your box's decor.

Comment

A contrasting color may set the window just right.

Comment

There's that possibility too:thumb:

If you use a latex caulking, you would be able to paint it to match (if you have painted your case interior), but with that type I don't think you'd be getting nearly as good adhesive properties.

Comment

:confused: If you were mounting a fan(s) in the window, would one hold up better under the vibration? (Caulk versus silicone sealer)

Comment

I think that the silicon would be as it never really goes hard. ;)

Comment

I think you'e right. I know that they make it in black as well as clear. :)

Comment

Working...
                            X