Chaing out an LED for Cold Cathode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaing out an LED for Cold Cathode

Hey guys. I'm new to modding, but I've been trying to read up as much as I can so I can get into it. I'm big on steampunk designs, and when I saw this baby from XCLIO, I knew it was meant to be.

The problem is, I'm not a fan of the blue LED. It seems like it is built into the fans, which leads me to ask: would it be possible to kill these in exchange for a red sound card controlled cold cathode? I think it would be hot to have the whole computer flicker like a jet engine, but I'd hate to buy the case only to find out that it's never going to happen.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Eliza; 07-28-2007, 02:31 PM.

Re: Chaing out an LED for Cold Cathode

I haven't seen this particular case, but in most fans, even the big ones, the LED lighting is mounted within the plastic sroud that goes around the fan blades. It should be no big deal to simply remove them and get rid of the blue, but your CC lighting will probably have to be accomplished from inside the case. You might look around for some reviews on this case and see what the interior looks like. If it is an open shot from the front bezel into the main compartment, the lighting will still work.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Chaing out an LED for Cold Cathode

Wow thats an ugly case

Comment

Working...
      X