X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec 900

Anybody modded a Antec 900 yet??

Re: Antec 900

No real modding but I have added some bling. I have 2 12" blue Mutant Mod Meteor light tubes placed inside the case on either side of the 200mm fan and a 6" blue "bubble" light tube at the bottom. The lights are set to a pulsate setting that gives a nice muted effect that reflects nicely off of my rounded IDE and floppy cables as well as the clear wire loom that I used for cable management. I attached a 120mm fan with blue LEDs on the side panel to match the rest of the fans and wired all of the 120mm fans to my AerogateII fan bus that has a blue readout screen on it. I also added a 4" long chrome dragon emblem to both of the side panels toward the upper front of the case.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

So, how do you like the Antec 900, PrairieDawg? I've got one on order from the Egg coming in on Monday.

Comment

I built a PC for someone with that case. It is easy enough to work with, but if you are really wanting to hide wires you'll need to cut some holes. It is definitely a very nice case to work with though.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

I'm very happy with it. Nice looking and well built. As Casecutter said the wire management situation can be a problem. Because the PSU is located at the bottom the mobo power wires must be streached across the face of the mobo in order to reach. ...Guess a guy could splice wires and extend them to go behind or around. I just settled for putting loom on most of the wires and leaving them in the open.

You will also find out that although the fans all have 3 speed settings that you have to open the case to adjust those settings. They have little 3 way switches on each of them but did not put long enough wires on the switches to let you route them to an outside location. I cut and spliced the wire from the 200mm fan and routed the switch for that one out a hole in the back panel. I then cut off the switches for the 120mm fans and spliced the wires to my fanbus. I'm unable to see speed settings for the fans but I can adjust them for sound and temp control this way. I used an aftermarket fan for the window panel and hooked it up as the CPU fan on the fanbus since I needed a fan with speed readout on that one in order to avoid the low speed warning beeps and flashes that my controller has for the CPU fan controller location. (My real CPU fan is still hooked to the mobo.) If you choose to go this route be advised that the wires are VERY small and a real pain in the a** to work with.
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Ive had my new comp built for me and got this case with my setup, the techy did a great job in hiding/cable managing the wires out of the way. Ive used a couple Antec cases in my time messing with comps etc and always been impressed with them..

Comment

I once chopped up a Dell case. When I saw the Antec 900, it was like they took my dream and made it real. I still cut some 2" holes it in with a Rigid 2" circular hole saw from H.Depot, but I love the case. Its not perfect. There are others that are similar, but to me, its a good choice. Even if you dont chop it, you can find a clean install pic on the forums with no additional holes cut - some people do things like: reverse the drives, etc. - which I dont like bc I DO change out drives often. All in all a solid case. The PSU mounts in the bottom, lots of good fans - thats what I like - wicked good air cooling!
              Last edited by pchaplo; 05-09-2009, 09:26 PM. Reason: wicked good air cooling noted!!!!

Comment

i really like my antec 900. especially for the fans having 3 speeds. i have mine set all on medium and my system stays nice and cool. i did have to cut some holes in the case to get a nice cable management system going, but not a big deal. i found it easier to drill some pre-holes then use a pair of tin snips to finish of the holes.
                -Antec 900
                -Corsair 750TX Power Supply
                -GA-EP45-UD3P v1.0 w/ F6 bios
                -Q8200 Core 2 Quad Yorkfield @ 2.33GHz --> OCed to 3.2GHz Stable
                -Masscool Ice Cold 7WA001 HSF (30C idle, 57C full load)
                -EVGA GTX 260 896mb
                -OCZ Reaper HPC 2x2GB 1066 DDR2
                -WD Caviar Black 500GB 7200RPM (main)
                -WD Caviar Green 500GB 7200RPM (backup)
                -Win 7 Pro 64 bit

Comment

Just finished this a few weeks ago. Many hours of wet sanding went into this lol. I'm soon going to be adding some white cathodes in there along with the red LED fans...should look pretty sweet

Obviously I hadn't properly wired it yet at this stage...just wanted to get some pics taken

Takes a lot of work to get a finish like this. Still not as glossy as I wanted it, but it looks a lot better than that no gloss drab black

Just thought I'd include this pic. Installed the heatsink after the paint job. Have my Q6600 clocked at 3.0GHz and idling at 32C. 47-48C max load
                  Last edited by Wheely34; 07-23-2009, 01:35 PM.
                  Antec 900 (Custom Metallic Red Paint)
                  Antec 850W PSU
                  Q6600 Kentsfield G0 OCed to 3.2GHz
                  Ultra 120 Extreme Heatsink
                  Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G
                  WD 150GB 10,000RPM VelociRaptor HD
                  WD 80GB SATA HD
                  4GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz (4-4-4-12)
                  ATI HD4850
                  Creative SB Audigy 2
                  Dualing Windows 7 + XP x64

Comment

I like how you painted the case red, it looks really cool!

no really good mods to my antec 900. i cut a few holes to help with cable management, i added some dust filters on all the intake fans. thats about it. the two front intake fans and the optional side intake fan keep my rig cool. plus the huge fan on top and a fan on the back blowing air out helps too!
                    -Antec 900
                    -Corsair 750TX Power Supply
                    -GA-EP45-UD3P v1.0 w/ F6 bios
                    -Q8200 Core 2 Quad Yorkfield @ 2.33GHz --> OCed to 3.2GHz Stable
                    -Masscool Ice Cold 7WA001 HSF (30C idle, 57C full load)
                    -EVGA GTX 260 896mb
                    -OCZ Reaper HPC 2x2GB 1066 DDR2
                    -WD Caviar Black 500GB 7200RPM (main)
                    -WD Caviar Green 500GB 7200RPM (backup)
                    -Win 7 Pro 64 bit

Comment

Working...
                    X