Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding a P180

Got a question for everyone.

I'm a newbie and am interested in altering one of those new Antec P180s.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article249-page2.html

It drives me crazy that the nitch in the door does not also include the power and reset buttons.

Has anyone altered this case in that particular way? Is it done easily? How would it be accomplished? Is it worth it?

*wish*

P.S. Also thinkin' about the Lian-Li 767 (no moddin' to it).

Thankie!

Re: Modding a P180

That is for a reason. With the power/reset buttons exposed small children, animals and even you can accidentally turn off or reset your computer. Could be that you are in the middle of something when that happens. Besides, many of us never turn our machines off and they are stable enough that we don't need to reset them. I occasionally do a restart to clear memory and that's it.

Comment

Thank you for responding Terry.

Yes, I know the reasons for the way it is, I simply do not require or desire them. For me, I'd much prefer to have the buttons exposed. I'm really interested in peoples' experience with modifying this case for that particular purpose.

Thanks again,

* wish *

Comment

Well then extending the opening already there should be simple. Just mark a line and cut with a dremal. Sand or file the rough edges and you should be good to go!

Comment

Working...
        X