Adding a case window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a case window

Ive done a few small case mods to my current case but have yet to add a case window. So far all I have done is add a couple of case fans (and air holes) which was pretty simple.

I have an excelent peice of transparent acrylic (20" squared) that I want to use for a case window. I have no idea where to begin though...

What are the best tools for doing this? Also, i read about something called a dremel? whats that?

(im pretty new to DIY and case modding)

Re: Adding a case window

A Dremel is a multipurpose rotary tool used for many different things. Among these is the ability to cut metals and plastics with cutting wheels, but there are also attachments to polish, grind, and other stuff too.

Before you cut, get familiar with it, as you really don't have a means of un doing a mistake. Make sure to draw out your hole before cutting it, preferrably after masking the area. Alternatively, draw the hole from behind, and then outline the piece of acrylic so you know where to mount it. For mounting, it easiest to glue it from behind (or the inside) with some silicon-based sealant or other bonding agent. Epoxy is okay, but it doesn't seem to last like a sealant does. And then you want to make sure you use something that's clear.

Comment

Re: Adding a case window

Awesome. I have 3 or 4 old cases in the loft so I will practice by butchering them.

Comment

Working...
      X