AT case, ATX mobo, What am I to do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elrado1
    SCSI will help with cabling too. I believe you can have up to 9 connectors on one cable.
    Actually 8 devices per channel is the max, but contoller counts as 1, so total of 7 drives.

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
      Actually 8 devices per channel is the max, but contoller counts as 1, so total of 7 drives.
      Actually dependin' on the version of SCSI there can be anywhere from 4 to 16 devices but yes the controller counts as 1 device. This page from Adaptec should answer ya "SCSI question" though.

Comment

ooops, my bad. 16max is true on ultra320.
        I searched the adaptec's website before and i didnt find anything, but google answered it. looks like it does slow down to the slowest device :shrug:
        So I migh just be doing SCSI for CDroms, and going with Sata for storage/Raid.

Comment

Today was modding day @ my house. There was some progress on both projects. Check out the new pictures at my website.
          PS, if you got a 56k, you might want to go for a snack, as there are quite a few pics on that page.

Comment

Re. Space between fan and radiator. You may want to fill in the gap with som sort of gasket. A cork valve cover gasket from an auto parts store comes to mind. Or if you know of a decent arts supply store, they'll have small sheets of neoprene-like foam that would perfect for making a gasket. If I find any data on it, I'll let you know.
            :-(

Comment

Today I found a way around that.
              While playing with my ITX project, I was lookin for a cover. I was looking to cut it out of metal, and there was a Volcano9 laying around. The reason it caught my eye is because of the little bracket on it.
              That bracket was perfect fit for the hole I was trying to cover. Now that I come back and look at this project, I see that making a simmilar bracket for the radiator would be ideal.
              The line is what I cut out for the project.

Comment

Working...
              X