Antec Lanboy case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec Lanboy case.

Just wondering if anyone has used an Antec Lanboy case. I like it cause it has 2 120mm fans and a big side window. If anyone has this case let me know how well it cools, and how well parts fit in it.

thx in advance.

At the top of this post, there are some good pictures of the case.
    proboards22.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, proboards22.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I would get the Turbo X-Dreamer, I bought this case for my new system...and it comes with 2 fans (one on door pointed at VGA, and 1 at the top of the case) and has room for 2 in the back and 2 in front...and not to meantion it looks dam good:cheers:

Comment

I just got the case a couple of days ago, and I'm not so impressed with the usage and quality.

Here are the problems I found:
        1. The side panels are not easy to open
        2. The door to the floppy and optical devices are hard to open. There's only like a 1.5cm gap to put your finger into.
        3. The hard drive cage definitely blocks air flow.
        4. Standoffs (screws) for the motherboard were not installed for you
        5. Both side panels must be opened to install the optical, floppy and hard drive properly (no rails).
        6. Cables are even messier (not the IDE cables, but the cables like HD LED, Power LED etc)
        7. The faceplates at the back could be easily bent, and hard to take out.

However, I do like the 2 x 120mm silent fans, 350W PSU, larger clear side window, light in weight, and the price. Wish they had another blue UV 120mm fan at the back.

Comment

Ok I have 2 of these cases now;) needles to say I like em. One thing I did though, I reversed the flow of the fans.(my desk sits in front of a window) With the window cracked, the rear fan draws cold air from outside right over the proc. This was very effective, lowered temps to 26C at idle! The air coming form my psu is even cold.

Comment

If all of us could be so fortunate, lol :cry:

Comment

I would be very careful about condensation....

Comment

from cold air?

Comment

I think what hees trying to say is that the cool air from your window being cracked and the hot temps of your proc will produce condensation.

not sure though:confused:

Comment

Yah, thats exactly what happens, cool moist air cools the metal, creates condensation droplets, water and electronics dont mix well :no: . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

No condesation doesn't just happen because cold air contacts something higher in temp. That's like saying, If you pop the hood on your car with the engine running, your engine will get wet.
                      I know if warm air contacts something cold, condesation will occur.
                      Like when you bring a beer outside, the can gets wet.

I don't know, I'm not a scientist. I did check my RiG to make sure:p and it was fine. and ouside temp was below 0degreesC last night.

Comment

I am not a scientist either, just thought I would help you out, as a friend of mine ruined his motherboard from making a duct sucking in air from outside, into his computer. It was not raining, but we found alot of condensation inside his computer, thinking this was the case, I thought it best to warn you.

I hope it doesn't happen to you.

Comment

evidently you arent a scientist radicus :P

There are many metal parts of the computer that are cold enough to cause condensation. As long as temps are below the dew point, condensation will occur. If that water drips, runs, etc onto an electrical part, problems occur.

Sekoye, I'm not surprised, that happens alot. I guess if you wanted to put a little dehumidifier or some carpenter's chalk in the duct (then dry it out everyday, or have two and switch them off), it might help. Usually moist air just isnt good for computers, thats that. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Ok I see your point mista K6. But, like you said the air would have to be moist. I've just never seen anything warm condense in cold air. I guess it could happen If I relocated my rig into a warm room after It's been sitting in front of the window, but why would I do that :shock:

Sekoye, thanks for the warning man. I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

I know, it doesnt seem right, hence many people dont think it'll happen. Generally, the cold air cools the metal (metal has a very low specific heat, so it loses whatever heat it has very quickly) while the warm computer parts heat the incoming moist, cold air, which is the medium between the parts and the now cold metal parts of the case. Now see where condensation comes in? Anyways, glad you're aware of the consequences. Try putting some carpenters chalk in the intake from the outside, it does a very good job of absorbing moisture in the air. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
                              X