What is the best 80mm fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best 80mm fan

I haven't kept up with the new products for the past year. I need to buy some 80mm fans for my current setup. I was wondering what the best fan to get was. Price is not too much of a problem if the fan is that good. I was just wondering what the best overall fan was mainly comparing noise and efficiency. Although I don't care too much about the noise although I wouldn't want banshee's . I juse need good air cooling. Thanks

Nearly all fans are good these days though ballbearing ones do tend to last longer than sleeve bearing ones but a lot will depend on ya case design plus the amount of noise you can put up with. I use UNEEC clone cases (Antec,Chieftec, Enermax, etc,...), for the most part 34cfm ballbearing fans do me very well and are quiet enough for me plus my systems are all overclocked. You maybe like some others though who like a bit of noise and use high speed high cfm fans (exceeding 75cfm) such as SMART FAN II's or Tornadoes but then there are those middle of the pack 50cfm Sunons as well.

Comment

ok cool I'll look for some in that cfm range. I use the mid range sunons now. At first they were loud but my ears have gotten used to them over the years. Thanks for the info though

Comment

Vantec Tornado I suggest if you get these fans get a pair of ear plugs :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
          DraGoN-BoY[/size]]
          Vantec Tornado I suggest if you get these fans get a pair of ear plugs :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl:
          Yes I had 3 SMART FAN II's in one of mine but the noise was too much even at half speed so I replaced them with 34cfm ones which not only proved to be a lot quieter but also dropped my case temps a few degrees C as well.

Comment

My friend just got one recently. So bloody loud, it sounded like a vaccum, also I bet if you stuck a hose on the intake and a bag on the output of the fan I'm sure you can even use it as a vaccum. :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

i have tornadoes in my case...its really not that damn loud, yall are just some wimps :) they are kinda expensive though, so by the time you buy like 5 -6 you can probably get a POS water cooling instead. but be a man and get tornadoes.

Comment

It's alright during the day, but at night when your trying to work I find it annoying. :steam:

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                  l33tus3r0wn@g3[/size]]
                  i have tornadoes in my case...its really not that damn loud, yall are just some wimps :) they are kinda expensive though, so by the time you buy like 5 -6 you can probably get a POS water cooling instead. but be a man and get tornadoes.
                  I'd rather be a wimp with hearin' than a deaf fool (ya may hear that semi that's bearin' down on ya then). :devil win

Comment

Working...
                  X