No announcement yet.

Best "Dremel" like tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At directron.com they have a $10 tool for cutting through the sides of a case to make a window.
    From what I heard it does the job, and is cheap.

Chez

EDIT - Thats the one Andy, the nibbler]
    For $10 though, if that is all you need to do and don't want to spend a lot of money, it gets the job done.
    I personally have a dremel and a full tool box, as I was once a mechanic, back in the day.
    Then I got into something where you don't get dirty and make lots of moola - Corporate Sales when I lived in Tokyo.

Actually, for all you Aussies, I got to go to your weekend playground while I was over there - [color=royal blue]BALI[/color]

Comment

you must be talking about a nibbler, yes they are cheap and get the job done, but they are very very slow and your hand would hurt for the next few days after using it.
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I am such a sick *******.....
        I have the Multi-tool pictured above, several jigsaws, holesaws, bandsaws, belt sanders, tin snips, files, coping saws, scroll saws.....and even a nibbler. Each cut on a case is best done by a different tool, and no one tool will do it all as efficiently as the right tool for the job....Then again, I make a living from my tools, and have invested a lot of money in them.
        Lesson: Beg, borrow or buy what you need, but use the right tool for the job....:cheers:

Comment

You forgot rule #1

[color=royal blue]Do it right the first time[/color]

Comment

Nope rule no.1 is "measure twice and cut once". ;)

Comment

Working...
            X