noob in need: wire managment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob in need: wire managment

question, i'll be buying some UV reactant wire manegment crap (aka flexo pet sleeving), i will be using this for my custom wirings (remote fanbus) and for my power supply. how do i remove the pins from the molex so that i can put sleeving around it and where can i find this tool?

Some people can do it with toothpicks. You push it in the molex and then it will come out if you press it right. I can't explain any better. There are tools though. But if you do that with your PSU and rewire it wrong you can fry your PSU.

Comment

im good with the wiring part because of all the wiring i did with my remote fanbus.

i have seen a tool that is prettu much like a really small straw, like a coffee straw

Comment

There are 2 prongs that need to be pressed in to remove each of the metal connectors from the plastic plug and usin' 2 of the flat type of toothpicks is ideal for the purpose as they'll fit between the connector and the plastic.

Comment

found a cheap pen that works fine, but now i have an old y-crapper for the power supply molex, so i'll be using the female end to push the clips in.

Comment

I've found a small jewelers screwdriver works nicely too, if one is handy.
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
            X