Power supply rewiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power supply rewiring

Has anyone tried rewiring their power supply to shorten the extra feet of wire between power supply and drives and from drive to drive.

I have my water cooling lines run as clean as possible and have now turned my attention on shortening the power supply wiring. As the less interferance in air movement, the cooler also the case.

Does anyone know of the availbility of the tool to remove the wires out of the 12v drive plug/connections, and after shortening the wires the crimping tool to recrimp new connections back on....oh yeah and the availiblity of new connectors and the name of those connectors.

Less interference in air movement equals cooler case, less cluter and visable wiring equal cleaner custom case.

yeah.....maybe a little anal BUT:geek:

Actually ya just need a very small jeweller's screwdriver to push the retaining clips down on the metal connectors and then pull them out of the plastic and a longnose pair of pliers are enough to crimp the new ones on after ya shorten the wires.

Comment

or you can cut sections out then solder the ends back together

and while were on the subject, is there any reason why I can't remove wires I don't need from the psu (such as the aux. pwr for p4 systems)? I can always solder them back on if i need them...but it wont hurt anything if I chop them off in the meantime?:devil:

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
        but it wont hurt anything if I chop them off in the meantime?:devil:
        As long as the wires dont touch eachother or ground you should be OK.

Comment

thx, i know the basics of electricity =) i was planning on wraping the ends with electrical tape or heatshrink :cheers:

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by minibubba
            [B]or you can cut sections out then solder the ends back together

and while were on the subject, is there any reason why I can't remove wires I don't need from the psu (such as the aux. pwr for p4 systems)?

Yep I hear ya.....there out of here. I opened up the psu and removed them and heat shrinked them.

Comment

Working...
            X