Taking off fan from XASER II door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking off fan from XASER II door

Hi, I have a XASER II A500A and one of the doors (the not see through one) has a fan attached to it doing nothing (as the rest of my case is ATM) I wanted to take it off and put it on my currect computer as I don't even think it has a fan :/

But it has these wierd things on them and I don't know how to take it off, so anyone with this case could you please help me, thanks.

I also want the other 5 off on the case later cause orange looks teh ghey. So this info would be great. Thanks.

which fan are you talking about? there are 5 fans that I can tell...2 rear, 2 front, 1 in window

the 4 case fans simple pop out (no screws), the window fan has 4 screws holding it in

Comment

If ya take that fan out ya'll notice that ya case and ya CPU temps will go up slightly plus case fans arn't expensive to buy but I've found that UNEEC cases like the Antec, Chieftec, Directron, EYO, Enermax, Macase,Thermaltake, Viking, etc versions are be quite happy with 34cfm fans fitted all round (those orange ones are really a bit of overkill (whether they be SMART CASE FAN I's or II's as I removed the II's that I fitted to one case and replaced them with the aforementioned 34cfm ones and the case and CPU temps actually dropped 5C).

Comment

Hi guys, I have 2 windows so one of them I won't be using and it has 4 special screws.

Comment

can you take a quick photo so we can see what you're talking about?

Comment

I don't have a digital camera :(

But it's the XASER II A5000 A and it comes with a sidepanel not windowed, I bought a window panel and use that, hence why I don't need the origional panel and want to remove it's fan.

:)

Comment

I figured out how to do it, the screws were wierd, but I pulled em out.

Comment

Working...
              X