Sound and Memory problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound and Memory problems

Just bought a new computer and assembled it myself. I got the XPC Shuttle SN68SG2, with AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor and 4gb of ram. I installed Windows xp with service pack 3 integrated. The sound drivers don't work and when I look at my computer's properties it says there's only 2.93gb of ram, I've looked around the internet and people with similar problems either downgraded back to sp2 or updated the bios. I don't think I can downgrade since sp3 is integrated, and I tried updating the BIOS with winflash but is doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. I'm not sure the BIOS update actually worked though, I don't know how to check the BIOS version, and I don't see it on the start up, it just goes strait from the big full screen Shuttle logo to windows starting up.

Re: Sound and Memory problems

You must install a 64 Bit Operating system to be able to use 4GB of ram

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      You must install a 64 Bit Operating system to be able to use 4GB of ram
      well dang, I had no idea. At least I fixed the sound problem, I found a solution here HD audio & MS UAA won't install on XP SP3 - SpeedGuide.net Broadband Community had to go to regedit and change HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CSDV ersion value to 200 to make it think it was SP2, then install UAA, then reinstall the drivers.

Comment

XP 64bit Drivers. I think those are hard to come around. Aren't they? You should just get Vista 64bit.

Comment

Working...
        X