Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cheap pcb layouts and system tuning workaround (amd platform)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap pcb layouts and system tuning workaround (amd platform)

Hi All,
    As I have previously noticed, some shuttle motherboards do not allow particular tweaking with advanced bios settings...honestly I have noticed a poor pcb design and power supply lack also, but this is something more difficult to fix and implies avoiding Shuttle warranty...
    In particular, I have noted that my sk22g2 v2 do not allow any ht multiplier change different than the default 5x.
    It seems however that the system tuning could be performed by using a tool provided by amd.
    So if someone has encountered some difficulties with amd platforms it should be a good idea to take this tool from the amd site, such small and cool application is named amd overdrive.
    Hope this info could help all those people that could not resolve their bios limitations.

Re: cheap pcb layouts and system tuning workaround (amd platform)

Ops...
    What I have written is not correct at all...
    I was too happy to see amd placing a piece of software able to tweak all the bios settings and I did not read that such tool works with amd chipset only.
    Nice to see how well amd support different vendors, especially via, which in the last ten years have supported their own processors and "helped" them to well establish their concurrency to fight intel in pc desktop market.
    I do not know how many people will take some advantage from such a tool...maybe those who change their mobos every month...
    The only way to tweak via chipset via software is to wait the next cpuid tool which it seems it should be able to change the ht/ldt link also.

Comment

Working...
    X