Wierd SG33G5 boot problem?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd SG33G5 boot problem?!

I just got myself the SG33G5 yesterday and set it up with the following components:

Intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz E6750
    2GB DDR-2 RAM
    160GB HDD (SATA)
    DVD-CDRW (ide)
    nvidia GeForce 8600GT

The computer worked perfectly yesterday and i managed to load a couple of games on and it ran fine. Then this morning i tried to boot it up and the computer just switched on but did not start up. the orange light came on but no blue light? i then tried to test to see what it was so i removed the graphics card and it worked fine. Was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? i need the graphics card to run the programs i use... please advise.

Also the computer is standard nothing else was added except for above.

Re: Wierd SG33G5 boot problem?!

managed to figure out problem thanks to another post (searched google) so for anyone else who has a similar problem...try pushig down on the jumpers as you press the power button. Should work. apparntly the get loose so you have to press them in

Comment

hi. ive got the sg33g5m (similar model i think). and have just turned on my shuttle today and nothing happens. the fans start, but most of the lights dont come on. afta a few seconds it restarts and then all u hear are the fans. dont get any picture or anything, and it doesnt get to windows (indicated by the vfd screen staying on 'home cinema).

iv not tried taking anything out yet.

what jumpers do you mean i have to press down?

i hope its a simple fix because its almost new and dont want to send it back :(

it worked perfectly yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by andy33g5 View Post
        managed to figure out problem thanks to another post (searched google) so for anyone else who has a similar problem...try pushig down on the jumpers as you press the power button. Should work. apparntly the get loose so you have to press them in
        What jumpers are you talking about? Could you give the label and location?

Thanks

Comment

i cant really see how the jumpers cld come lose when i havnt moved the shuttle :/ gonna try takin everything out.

Comment

fixed it thank god. it was the jumpers. just press the hdmi jumpers down (ones used when switching from integrated to external gfx card) and it shld fix it.

thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
            X