SN25P and NVIDIA 8800GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN25P and NVIDIA 8800GT

Have any users of the forum experienced the lack of video output when using the 8800GT ? I have emailed support at Shuttle back in early February and haven't as yet recieved a reply. I am hoping that I will maybe get some further update here. I have noted that there have been updates released by Shuttle for some of their barebones systems in relation to both the latest ATI and NVIDIA gfx cards.

My Shuttle runs an XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog edition and XFX support have indicated that I contact Shuttle to pursue the issue. The only way to get visual video output is to cold boot and then apply the power to the PCI-X connector on the card after 3 seconds. I feel that there seems to be a PCI-X bus timing issue and the bios releases noted above seem to give this some clarity.

Does anyone know of any further planned bios updates or gfx card issues on some of the older machines other than the SN25 series ?

BTW just search for Shuttle and 8800GT issues

Many thanks

Re: SN25P and NVIDIA 8800GT

Not sure if it's related but my SN27p and SN26P both do the same thing with XFX 7800GTX graphics cards. They work without the NVIDIA graphics driver loaded however???

Comment

Working...
    X