Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG33G5 & SN68PTG5 Sound through the HDMI onboard port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG33G5 & SN68PTG5 Sound through the HDMI onboard port?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but i'm going to be getting one of the above, but I just want to be 100% sure that if I hook it up to my Plasma TV, just via the HDMI will I get sound as well to the TV?

Many thanks in advance

RIK

Re: SG33G5 & SN68PTG5 Sound through the HDMI onboard port?

There has been some concerns about that I think another member had a problem where he could get sound fine on his Plasma TV but when he hooked up his Onkyo receiver he would get no sound over the hdmi. So the I guess its going to be a case by case situation depending on the exact equipment being connected.

Comment

Re: SG33G5 & SN68PTG5 Sound through the HDMI onboard port?

Originally posted by Shadowtester View Post
      There has been some concerns about that I think another member had a problem where he could get sound fine on his Plasma TV but when he hooked up his Onkyo receiver he would get no sound over the hdmi. So the I guess its going to be a case by case situation depending on the exact equipment being connected.
      Thanks for the reply :)

I read that post,

I'll be using a Samsung ps42q97hdx plasma, with probably the SG33G5 as I can put a Core 2 Duo in that, which is 65nm chip, where as the AMD one is 90nm so it should (Fingers crossed) run cooler... hooked up to the Samsung by only the HDMI cable, as I don't have a sep amp, and dont want PC speakers in the lounge... (the wife is kind'a picky! LOL)

Will keep you all updated on how the sound thing goes...

Comment

Working...
      X