Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Runcore 32 GB Pro IV 70 mm with firmware B001 has OS install fail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Runcore 32 GB Pro IV 70 mm with firmware B001 has OS install fail...

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with their recent purchases of the Runcore ssd, or has the bad batch been fixed? And where did you guys purchase it from!?

Comment

@Lippi I've got exactly the same spec ssd as you
      Which firmware update did you apply?
      and is it available on the main runcore site, i've tried 1916 Micron bios update but it doesnt work
      I get this error
      "[ERROR]PCI bios not found"

Originally posted by Lippi View Post
      Hello,

I had the same problem you there is a little over a month. After two weeks and several attempts, I finally give up.

I talked to my dealer offered him my back, what I did. He exchanged standart. But with the new SSD, the problem was always the same! This return cost me one third of the original price, I can not count longer return again.

I came across this forum by accident, which made ​​me want to try again. The loss of warranty does not bother me. I have good knowledge of electronics (as teacher). You'd be he can send me the tools and the method Runcore has provided you?

It seems that we have exactly the same SSD:
      RunCore RCP-IV-S7032-MC
      S / N: 321109230136
      More Indilinx Barefoot controller IDX110M02
      B001 firmware
      Micron 4 GB NAND 29F32G08CBABA

Sorry for phrases, I am French and used google translation.

I thank you in advance.

Comment

I just had my RunCore Pro IV 32GB stop being detected in my eeepc 901 after 3 years of use. I've successfully fixed it (losing all data) using the help from this thread.

Here are a few more notes about my experience...

SSD manufacturers -RunCore SSD Official Website > service > firmware upgrade > RCP-IV-XXXX-MC_SSD_Rework_or_FW_upgrade_Tools_FW2030
        (I had to register to download. The download contains Indilinx MP Tool for both Samsung and Intel flash chips)

My Flash chips are Intel. I asked RunCore via tech support email which option I should choose in 'Device type', but they never responded, so I went for trial and error until the flash succeeded.

I checked the 'use usb bridge' option on the 'option' tab.

I found that some USB controllers or possibly PCs don't seem to work reliably. If you get a hang after 'RAM BIST' in the console window, try another PC.

Here are pictures of my SSD and the 'Device type' setting that finally worked for me.
        Photo Album - Imgur

Comment

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem like you all. I tried to register in SSD manufacturers -RunCore SSD Official Website but it is not working. An error is shown when I complete everything. I wrote to support but they have never replied. I am a little bit desperate.

Comment

See post #14, the MP tool link is still active.

Comment

Comment

I just found some other MP tools here Indilinx | [USBDev.ru]

I downloaded and installed Indilinx_MPTool_FW2142_SuperTalent2 and here is fortunately my device. I will try it tomorrow and write how it works.

Comment

If it doesn't work, try this, is exactly for your model:
                  JS29F32G08AAMDB_64MB_000F

Comment

Thank you very much Insider.

The MP tool Indilinx_MPTool_FW2142_SuperTalent2 consists my device, that is nice and progres in my trobles. :) Everything seemed to be nice, but I had next problem with flashing my SSD. After end of flashing an error was shown. I really didnt know where a mistake is. Finaly I used your file for erleasing my device and after this the flashing was done corectly!! The problem was in bad sectors in my SSD according to my oppinion. Now I can use my disk again. Thank you!

Regards
                    Petr

Comment

Thank God for finding your solution, and try to help others too.

Comment

Wait a minute... does RunCore actually still charge (and get!!) $149.99 for their 32GB version of this "SSD"?!? This "SATA II" drive whose specified sequential speeds are barely over real world SATA I speeds!?! RunCore Pro IV 70mm PCI-e SATA II Solid State Drive SSD Compatible with but not limited to the Asus EEE PC 900, 900A, 901, 901 Go, and S101 Detail Page

For $100, you can get a new Crucial 120GB M500, Samsung 120GB 840 EVO, Intel 120GB 530, Sandisk 120GB Extreme, or one of many other 120GB or 64GB SSDs for under $100. Those are not even Amazon prices! All of these are real SATA III SSDs, and have at least a three year warranty.

Good luck with those drives, at least some of them have Intel NAND chips.

Comment

Working...
                        X