Drive stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive stopped working

I have used the 1.8" ZIF SSD since this past summer. It work fine until yesterday when the laptop wouldn't detect the drive anymore. I took the drive out then installed in the USB adapter that came with the drive and connected it to another PC. The drive did not appear on the other machine either. I tried to find the drive using diskpart and disk management, neither one had the disk listed.
    I have not updated the firmware from what came from the factory which was 1916. I created a DOS boot disk with the firmware update. The updater could not find the drive when I reinstalled the drive in the laptop with the ZIF connector or another machine with the USB adapter.
    I know the problem is not with the laptop since the original drive worked when I reinstalled it.
    What else should I look at to get my drive back to a usable state?

Re: Drive stopped working

Same here. My Z1828-C died as well. Had it running for about a year.
    -> RMA

Comment

I sent an email to Runcore support and to MDD. I didn't actually place a phone call to Runcore, I didn't want to call China. I'm hoping to hear back from either one about what to do next.
      I put the old mechanical drive back and I don't like it one bit.

Comment

A new drive was sent to me about a day after they got the broken drive back. Unfortunately the new drive worked for about a day then fell on its face.

Comment

Ok it has been a month and no replies whatsoever from Danielle at MDD. I sent the device in using FedEx one month ago and nothing. I also requested two status updates, but have gone without a reply.

What is going on over there?
          Last edited by ericthebikeman; 06-14-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Ok bad drive #3. This is getting ridiculous. It works for a couple weeks then nose dives, at least I have a backup otherwise my data would be GONE. I did lose my last activation on Adobe Creative Suite CS5. Adobe gives you two activations, no exceptions period.

I should have gone with Renice. Runcore has been utter **** and their support is completely non-existent. Of course you ****ing scamming Chinese asshats never read this "official" support forum, so nothing will ever come of it.

You hear me Runcore, your company is a complete joke and a FRAUD. DIE IN A FIRE.

Comment

"Ok bad drive #3. This is getting ridiculous. "

Same here, I RMAd the drive and it worked a couple of days. I will RMA it again, keeps them busy at least.

Unfortunately there seems no real alternatives out there. The Supertalent I'm currently using is super slow and the other Eastwho controlled drives (Renice etc) aren't much more promising.

Quite sad story, the Pro IV is expensive enough. Still about 100$ more than eg. the Renice 120GB K3VLAR E, which of course is not that performant.

My 1st ProIV was performing well, couldn't complain. But if I didn't have Crashplan backup installed (get it, it's great!) it would not have been that funny...

Comment

Working...
              X