How to fix your Runcore SSD after bad flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix your Runcore SSD after bad flash

I found a solution to fix the SSD flashed from 1571 to 1916.

you can read more details about the problem here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/runcore/...ro-iv-ssd.html

If you did the same error as me, here is a solution...

PLZ READ THIS:

Before trying this solution, contact Runcore by email, and proceed to a exchange of your drive if you can.
    This solution is not from Runcore, by trying this solution you understand that you can definitively brick your SSD, the warranty may be void if you try this solution.
    I'm not responsible of your SSD, trying this fix is on your entire responsability!!!

This fix can help you to fix your drive, but even if it's successful, you'll not be able to flash it again after ... SO BE SURE TO CONTACT RUNCORE IF YOU CAN!!!

NEVER TRY THIS SOLUTION BEFORE CONTACTING RUNCORE TO FIND ANOTHER WAY TO FIX THE DRIVE!!!!!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Note: all your data will be lost during this procedure!!!

Procedure:
    1. Donwload the Indilix MP tool. This tool can be very very very hard to find on internet, so you can download it here: Free - Envoyez vos documents
      (this link will be available while someone download it. After 30 days of no download, it will be deleted)
    2. Open your SSD drive. You'll see chips with a serial. Write this serial on a paper. The serial should start with K9 followed by letters and numbers. Don't worry about the color of the PCB ;).
    3. Find the J1 jumper on the drive. It's 2 small holes on the PCB of the drive. Take a small wire or anything you find and connect the 2 holes. Personnaly i took a small wire and connected the 2 holed by filling the holes with my wire. This jumper is the "factory mode" jumper.
    4. Connect the drive to your computer using the USB case. If you don't have a USB case, you can connect the drive using any other way, but i suggest you using a USB case.
    5. Your drive will be recognised as "BIGFOOT ..." or something else. Don't worry about it. Your drive cannot be read by windows currently.
    6. Install and start Indilinx MP TOOL.
    7. If you're connected through a USB case, go to option, and check the checkbox called "Use USB bridge" like this:

8. Click "Refresh". you should see a line on the table with a stupid serial (Bigfoot...). If you don't see a anything on the first line of the table, then check if your wire is correctly connected on the jumper J1 (step 3)
    9. Click on "Device" tab in the MP Tool. Select "Random" on the combobox. Write your model number, and the correct Firmware version. I don't know if it's important, but do it ;)

10. Click on Flash tab. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! BE CARREFUL!!. In "Device Type" select the entry with the same serial as written in the chips of the SSD, the one you've written on a paper. For me, with a runcore pro IV 64GB with samsung D, it's K9HCG08U1D. Select the right capacity.
      Personnaly i selected this one corresponding to my drive:

11. Click on "Start". A MDDos windows should be opened. don't worry about warning about data in the flash, just wait. After5 or 10 minuts, you should see a message telling you it's done: "change the jumper setting (factory mode -> normal mode)" (don't do it now!).

12. in the windows just opened, select "Disk management" (or anythig talking about hard drives). A windows will open asking you to initialise the SSD disk, click OK! then search for your SSD on the list, it should appear in gray. Right click on it, select "Create new partition", click on next on every window you see...
    13. VOILA! you can now see your ssd in windows! you can now use it ;)
      It has been flashed with 1916 firmware!
      BUT, it's not named Runcore anymore, so i think you'll not be able to flash it to another firmware version without the appropriate MP tool (there is one for each firmware) wich is VERY VERY hard to find ;)

i hope it fixed your drive! mine is OK ;)
    YES my drive work again
    100.00%
    NO it failed :(
    0.00%
    Last edited by warenbe; 12-21-2010, 05:29 AM. Reason: Error in text (sorry i'm french)

Re: How to fix your Runcore SSD after bad flash

Hello folks,

today I read this thread and I discovered, that I had a similar problem one year ago. I want to inform you about my solution. Of course t think I had a bit of luck :-)
    The password to unlock the RuncoreSSD was

Can you read it? Its 32x the space key.
    I tryed some passwords and found out, that the maximum length is 32 characters. And after some attempts I accidental entered 32 time the space key.

So I hope this works four you too.

greetings from Germany.

Comment

interesting...

i'll try to flash mine to last firmware.
      but if it's locked again i'll try your password ;)

Comment

Re: How to fix your samsung 256gb SSD after bad flash

Hello.
        Regards to all.
        This is the first time I write on this forum, if something is not right I apologize in advance and my apologies for my English..

I wanted to ask if you have a picture where there are the holes(J1 jumper) on SSD to make the bridge,
        even if my problem is on a Samsung SSD 256gb, after flashing is not recognized even if the response of the flash was succes
        I think that it is different because the research to find the point was not successful.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Italy.

Comment

Nope sorry. i don't have any picture of it and the drive is inside my laptop.
          You have to open the drive, on the PCB you'll find 2 very small holes. This is the only holes in the PCB. in my memories they are located at the top of the PCB...

if you take a picture and post it here i'll be able to find it for you

Comment

First of all, thanks for the fast response.
            I hope that the photo is clear enough to locate the holes.

Regards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2092.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	751530

Comment

mmhhh mine is not exactly like this. but, can you see the 2 large hole on the bottom right of your picture? i think this is the factory jumper.

Comment

I already tried it on two but that is not recognized via USB connection, the MP tool recognizes it as USB controllers, but without result

Comment

Strange... even after checking the "Use USB Bridge" checkbox in MPTools?
                  did you tried to enter 32x de space key like AlBorland did to unlock the drive if it's locked?

btw i don't see any other holes on your picture. Other holes are too small... and i'm quite sure that i used the 2 holes like on the bottom right :(

Comment

Try to put "1916" in "firmware version" . i don't think it will change anything but...
                    Set the serial number in Random.

Btw, your drive is detected but effectively there is a problem... are you sure you choosed the right model in the list?

Comment

I have tried in every way, I have always chosen the right model but had no success.
                      How I can see if ssd is locked, when it is not detected by the system?

Comment

Working...
                      X