Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving away Runcore 128GB PATA IDE SSD

Hello all,

I am seriously considering giving away my Runcore SSD to whoever pays for the postage. From the very start, this thing (I won't call it a device as usually a device performs some sort of function), has failed to work as advertised.

At first it was undetectable unless the 'pause' button was used during boot up - I assume this gives it time to charge the capacitors made by the lowest bidder.

Next, following the absolutley useless and confusing instructions from the manufacturer, I tried to upgrade from FW1571 to FW1916. Now obviously the wrong thing to try.

As a result I cannot access the drive and I am getting no answers from Runcore's so called 'support' about how to fix the problem.

I caught a fragment of information from another poster on this forum about jumpering J1 on the board but thats it.

So as far as I know I have a $400 paperweight, that I can't afford to send back to the overseas store I bought it from. Not to mention the time it would take and the very real possibility that it would return unchanged - a problem others have encountered when dealing with Runcore.

So, my last ray of hope is a reply from Runcore about how to fix the problem and have them supply the tools (software) to do it or have contact from someone who has sucessfully done it.

Failing that - I will do two things:

1: Create a website extolling the non-existant virtues of Runcore to the world, and
    2: Give or auction off my useless drive to some other poor sap who needs a blood pressure increase.

I will keep you all posted, including you Runcore. I will make it my mission to inform the world about your lack of everything from engineering skills to customer support if something positive about fixing my SSD doesn't happen very soon.

PS: Runcore - spend a little money on hiring a person who speaks English - that's the least you could do when you sell a product to an English speaking country.

Re: Giving away Runcore 128GB PATA IDE SSD

Dear customer

For some SSDs it needs to be updated to firmware 1819 before to 1916.
    Now please provide the SN and PN of the ssd as well as the model of your computer to [email protected], we'd then send you a relevant file to update to firmware 1819 first. (You might need to jumper J1 before connecting the ssd via USB)
    Also, if it doesn't work, we may consider to send you a simplified to MPtool to re-initialize the SSD, or think of other solutions asap.

Runcore support

Comment

Dear Runcore "Support",

I have sent you the details via email at Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:44:55 +0800. Jumpering J1 before connecting the USB does not fix the problem.

You have mentioned many times about updating to firmware 1819 before 1916, but your instructions do not mention this very clearly. Also, how is someone going to upgrade to FW1819 if you do not make it available on your website? If you only make FW1916 available, then that is what people will use!

We customers are scared of emailing you to get firmware 1819 because you take so long to reply, and most of the time you don't even do that!

Please, this is a request from a broken man...please just put all of the documentation, tools and firmware on the website so we can download them and look after ourselves. If you write detailed step by step instructions for your customers to follow and provide them with the tools to do it - then you won't have as many problems!

The people that buy your product already have some experience with upgrading hardware and installing/running software - otherwise they wouldn't buy it!

Comment

Come on Runcore - you replied to one of my emails so don't stop now!

I sent you another email yesterday but you haven't replied yet!! Good support means speed and SUPPORT!

That website is getting closer - I think I'll call it "NeveRuncore.com"

I have followed all of your instructions. My ssd can be seen in windows disk manager but I cannot initialise it - it comes up with an I/O error.

The 1819 update ID2816.exe" does NOT see the drive at all - but will sometimes detect my other hard drives.

So, what is the next step - the mysterious MP Tool? Hurry up please!!!!!!!

Comment

Case Solved via Mail

Comment

oh damn i was going to pay the postage.

Comment

Working...
            X