No announcement yet.

Windows 7 installation freezes @ RunCore Pro IV SATA 50mm Mini PCIe SSD 32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 installation freezes @ RunCore Pro IV SATA 50mm Mini PCIe SSD 32GB

Hi,

I have a big problem doing a fresh install of Windows 7 on a RunCore Pro IV SATA 50mm Mini PCIe SSD 32GB (RCP-IV-S5032-C, firmware version 1916) in my Asus Eee PC T91 (non-MT).

Starting Windows 7 installation via USB stick works until it starts copying files. After about 8s it freezes at 0% complete.

How can I solve this??? Sending e-mail did not work from your website.
    Last edited by Smht; 07-28-2010, 02:50 PM. Reason: more info

Re: Windows 7 installation freezes @ RunCore Pro IV SATA 50mm Mini PCIe SSD 32GB

Dear customer
    Can you please provide your PN and SN of the SSD?
    For your problem, try to reformatt the SSD as NTFS and install OS again. If the problem persists, you might need to install the SSD into your computer and try installing OS with a installing CD.
    BTW, if there is an error when you contact us via the website in the future, please leave another email address of yours in the column and try to submit again.

Best Regards

Comment

Re: Windows 7 installation freezes @ RunCore Pro IV SATA 50mm Mini PCIe SSD 32GB

Formatted the drive with Vista USB stick. It worked and installed Windows 7 now.
      Next problem: I cannot remove large files or Windows freezes...

Edit: This is fixed by disabling the trim command, but I don't like this a bit

What the heck is this? Do you even test things that come from your production sites? What are you planning to do about these frequent problems?

I cannot open my T91 again, but I have Micron memory. Maybe that helps you to identify and solve the problems in the next firmware???
      Last edited by Smht; 08-01-2010, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smht View Post
        Formatted the drive with Vista USB stick. It worked and installed Windows 7 now.
        Next problem: I cannot remove large files or Windows freezes...

Edit: This is fixed by disabling the trim command, but I don't like this a bit

What the heck is this? Do you even test things that come from your production sites? What are you planning to do about these frequent problems?

I cannot open my T91 again, but I have Micron memory. Maybe that helps you to identify and solve the problems in the next firmware???
        same problem here very annoying. dell latitude xt - win7 keeps freezing whenever is handling big files. HDD activity led solidly on.
        any suggestion from Runcore??

Comment

Since my last message (in august), nothing changed. Still your service is the worst that I believe mankind has ever known. I have the latest firmware (1916), but it seems it has been built in the year 1916.

Why can I not use:
          -Trim
          -Hibernation
          -A normal installation of Windows 7

I will already make sure everbody I know stays clear of Runcore. BUT I STILL WANT A WORKING PRODUCT!

Comment

Working...
          X