Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runcore 64GB IVPro not accessible anymore after a while in HP 2510p

Hello Runcore support.

the problem with my Runcore 64GB IV Pro ZIF in my HP 2510p notebook is following: Sometimes it seems when heavy disc operations happen the disk just hangs up. Before that the harddisk LED of the computers lights maybe 5 seconds permanently then it turns off and no disc access at all anymore. The only way get back on track is to turn the computer hard off and restart it.

Currently I try to use Windows 7 (32 bit) on this computer. I had to format the NTFS partition using a Windows XP boot CD otherwise the disc crashes rights away. Also disc is getting quite warn during oparation. Is this normal?

Can you help me with the problem and also tell me how I can determine und upgrade the disc's firmware so that I can try this out.

Is this an known issue and can you help me with that? At least in the forum here I saw quite similar problems already.

Thank you for your help.

Robert

Re: Runcore 64GB IVPro not accessible anymore after a while in HP 2510p

Do you mean that your SSD can be detected in BIOS?
    Is it successfull when you format it using a Windows XP installation CD?

Comment

Yes,
      everything is working perfectly. Windows 7 boots up and can be installed after formating the disk successfully with Windows XP. There's also no BIOS problem. The only thing is just when there comes heavy disk access (e.g. installing an update, hibernate the machine, virus scan is doing something) the disk goes kind of offline. The OS does not crash but disk IO is cut off for some reason. Before that HDD light on the laptop lights for maybe 5 seconds and that was it. It happen occasionally and not always at the same point but at least after 5 to 10 minutes the machine get stuck because of that.

Cheers

Robert

Comment

Hello Kacholito

Try to disable the Trim function.
        See this if it could help you (http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/runc...eleting-38669/)

Comment

Hello support guys,

thank you first of all having a look at my case. Indeed it looks now really so that this Trim setting described in the threat you've sent me the link about is fixing the issue. After changing this setting there was not even a single problem left so far for several hours.

I'm not sure but I think this is because of some hardware incompatibilities and the device was never really designed running a SSD disk. Maybe this could be a good topic for a FAQ section on your main page because this kind of disk (ZIF / PATA) is I belief mainly used to upgrad bit older systems.

Anyway. Thank you again and I will monitor this now and hope problem has been solved here already.

Cheers

Kacholito

Comment

Working...
          X