Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MacBook Air Rev. C Hangs on Wake from Sleep w/ 128GB RunCore

The drive already came with 1916.

Runcore Tech Support, before I return the drive, is it worthwhile to redo the firmware update before returning it?

If so, please send me the ISO to start up my MBA to upgrade the firmware.

Comment

Yeah mine did it on the old firmware and when I upgraded to 1916...I don't think you can reinstall the firmware once its installed, not sure though. I didn't think the installer would attempt it if it noticed it was already at 1916.

Comment

The silence from RunCore is deafening...

I returned my drive and it arrived to MDD yesterday. Please get in touch with them to run whatever tests you need.

I would very much like to buy another Runcore 128GB drive once this is all settled.

Comment

Runcore....yeah you suck. Thanks for disappearing.

Comment

Bleh5, did you get a new SSD from MDD? How is it working so far? I am still getting the freeze. I doubt Runcore is going to do anything to remedy the situation at this point since few of us use that particular ssd in their lineup.

Comment

kdillard,

I didn't trust the product enough to be their guinea pig. I asked for a refund instead of an exchange since I was still within the return period.

I will check with RunCore to see if they got a hold of the item to test it (I doubt it).

Comment

yeah i was way past my 30 day return period. i like it...except when it freezes. Guess I am stuck with it. I doubt Runcore will bother to honor their 2 year warranty on it.

Comment

I'm having similar issues. Upgraded to a Runcore drive on my Macbook Air Rev C and ever since, about every 3rd wake from sleep, my computer hangs. I lose data each time...recommend against buying the Runcore drives until this is fixed.

Comment

Yup agreed. I am looking for a stock samsung drive now to put back in. It's not a huge difference from it like going from a regular 120gb hdd.

Comment

Since we are not getting any answers regarding Runcore drive, anyone know if this drive will work in our MBA's?

SAMSUNG 128GB 1.8" micro SATA SSD Hard Drive - eBay (item 320546856964 end time Jul-11-10 07:30:18 PDT)

Comment

No apple uses a LIF connector IIRC. The only ones that work are the runcore and stock drives.

Comment

Maybe some good news, finally? (No thanks to Runcore tech support, of course)

Hey all,

Just a quick note about my issues with the Runcore 128 on my RevB Air (1.86)

Since the update to 10.6.4, I have not had anymore "spinning beachball freezing - forced to reboot" errors after letting it sleep for extended periods of time.

I am not 100 percent convinced that it is fixed yet, but this is the longest its gone without a freeze since I've had the Runcore.

Also of note, since I have had the drive I have checked the cable twice, taped it down as per scottsdale, done the firmware upgrade but none of it ever seemed to help... let it sleep overnight and usually within 10 minutes or so... beachball freeze.

Again, since 10.6.4 upgrade... no freezes yet and haven't rebooted for three full days now.

Heres to hoping it's fixed!
                          Can those that still have the drive confirm that 10.6.4 has resolved the sleep issue?

Comment

I think we upgraded to 10.6.4 2 days ago and it froze when woke from sleep yesterday... It ALWAYS locks up when using safari after a wake as well...nothing else.

Comment

^Kdillard21, have you tried Chrome or Firefox? If it's only Safari, those might be a workable solution?

Comment

not as my primary browser, but I can give it a go and see how long it lasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X