ZIF Cable Connection Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZIF Cable Connection Problem

I have just bought from My Digital Discount.com a Runcore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF SSD for Macbook Air Rev A (Model: RCP-IV-ZA1828-C).

I followed the installation guide booklet provided. However, when I try to connect the SSD to the USB adapter by the ZIF cable provided, I found the ZIF cable could not tightly connect with the SSD. As a result, my Macbook Air could not detect the SSD when I use the USB cable to connect them.

Could Runcore or anyone let me know what to do. Many thanks.

Re: ZIF Cable Connection Problem

You can connect it as the following picture.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cc101 View Post
      You can connect it as the following picture.
      Thanks, cc101 but the ZIF cable is unable to securely connected to the ZIF connectors (on either ends) no matter how (I tried many times just to have a sketch contact). And as a result, no response from the USB port.

Comment

The cable is too loose for you ?
        Or it is broken?
        If it's the result of the ZIF cable, I think you can purchase another one for it.

Comment

on the cable,the blue one is thicker than the white one,so you should insert the USB connector by the blue one ,and the white one to the SSD connector.

Comment

Many thanks for cc101 and 3water comments. Finally, I just resolved the problem and have now successfully replaced the slow HD with the SSD. I have also restored the bootcamp partition using Winclone without much difficulty. Happy with the speed now, though a bit disappointed with the after sale supports from Runcore. So far I have not heard from the official supports in a word. It appears that the customers are on their own after the purchase. Fortunately there are many forums like this and many enthusiastic mac users out there like you guys who are keen to help and share with others without reservation. Many thanks again. I would be happy to share my experience if they have encountered similar problems as me.

All the best!

Comment

Congratulations, jackykk

Comment

Working...
              X