Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a successful Dell Latitude XT install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a successful Dell Latitude XT install?

I'm trying to figure out if this is even worth trying before I purchase a Runcore SSD.

Re: Anyone have a successful Dell Latitude XT install?

Hi,
    Our 1.8" PATA ZIF SSD can be compatible with Dell Latitude XT.
    We will publish a new version ZIF SSD with a new bridge about a month later.
    So I suggest you that wait a period of time to purchase the new version.

RunCore Support

Comment

Will the new version also be compatible with the Sony VAIO P?

Comment

Originally posted by cbf View Post
        I'm trying to figure out if this is even worth trying before I purchase a Runcore SSD.
        Yes. Dell XT owner here successfully installed a Runcore ProIV. Just note in that link the XT's AMD chipset is limiting writes to ~30MB/s.
        DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P [email protected] 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
        Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
        Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Comment

I tried (and tried and tried) and had next to no luck. I think if you got a drive that already had firmware 1916 on it, you may have hope. Forget about ever upgrading the firmware with the drive in your XT though.

I'm still lurking to see if they ever make good on that promise to ship a drive with a newer PATA bridge chip. Might give it another go.

As the other poster mentioned, the XT will give you awful write performance even if you get the drive installed and reliable. You still see a bump up from the platter drive, and of course the battery life is better. Plus, reads are definately faster and it's silent. Just don't expect it to be life changing. The XT is slow and is going to stay that way...

Comment

Working...
          X