sony vgn-tx27gp; hitachi htc426060G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sony vgn-tx27gp; hitachi htc426060G

My notebook is sony vgn tx27gp. It uses hitachi htc426060g hdd. is it ok to replaced by runcore proIV 1.8 zif 64G? direct replace? no cable problem, no resister needed to be unsolder?

Re: sony vgn-tx27gp; hitachi htc426060G

Are you sure your sony vgn-tx27gp using a hard drive of ZIF interface.
    The hitachi htc426060g hdd is a 1.8" 44-pin PATA IDE driver.

Comment

Originally posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
      Are you sure your sony vgn-tx27gp using a hard drive of ZIF interface.
      The hitachi htc426060g hdd is a 1.8" 44-pin PATA IDE driver.
      i opened the device manager, it shows HTC426060G8CE00.

i did not open the case. so i dont know the details

Comment

Hello! Look for the drive details at hgst.com, open drive datasheet and double-check the Length in mm and drive interface. I don't think you have 1.8" 44-pin, that is for IBM Xseries, you probabply have either ZIF PATA of 50 PIN 1.8' IDE.
        Anyways, that's not a problem, because even if you have 50pin IDE in Sony and Runcore is ZIF, a small IDE->ZIF adapter that will convert Runcore to IDE format exists and i bought mine for about $55 in local store.
        Just to clarify, 1.8" IDE drives are about 8mm longer than ZIF ones.

Comment

Re: sony vgn-tx27gp SSD option!!!

I know this thread is a little older, but there's some reallllly exciting info available now that I've done to my own Sony. There is now a KingSpec 128gb 1.8" ZIF PATA SSD that fits right into this laptop and makes it faster than ANY netbook out there! I'd much rather carry around this stylish laptop than a netbook.

I was so much a fan of these laptops that I bought two of them, returned them to both in like new condition, bought 4 batteries, tons of accessories, etc. So if you need parts for this laptop let me know.

I also got the SSD for a somewhat decent price about a year ago (a bit more than $300), but you can get them on ebay now for about $240 after shipping. I'm willing to make a deal if you're interested and can sell them to you for less

For a faster response you can try me at daviddeelee at gmail
          <!-- / message -->
          Last edited by aardvarksystems; 12-21-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X