Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware, please! My SSD seems to hang on TRIM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware, please! My SSD seems to hang on TRIM.

So far, [email protected] has ignored my emails. On this forum you indicated the firmware update is available by sending an email, but you ignore it! It's been 3 days, so the statement that you will "answer within 24h" is nonsense.

The product (in this case, 1.8" 128gb ZIF SSD inside my Vaio TZ22) seems well made and I want to like it.

I have an issue which, as far as I can tell, happens whenever a bunch of blocks are freed up (I guess when Win7 issues some TRIM commands). The SSD locks up. Stops going. And the laptop either sits there staring at me (anything one does that might access the drive also gets stuck), or eventually gives up and reboots.

It did it doing an upgrade from Vista (at the cleanup stage), during Win7's partition setup in a clean install and, once I worked around those, after I install big apps that do many copy/deletes. I tested my theory with the TONY-TRIM app - as soon as it goes to delete the file the SSD locks up.

So, I have two courses of action: Hope it's a problem already fixed in firmware, or RMA it. You'd think the firmware update approach would save us all some money if it cures the problem.

If there's a problem sending out the firmware, just reply to the email I sent saying "We're terribly sorry, I know we said we could, but we can't right now. Maybe you should RMA it after all and hope what you get back has the new firmware." That would be good support. Silence is terrible support.

Chris.
    Last edited by Bodshal; 11-19-2009, 08:30 AM. Reason: update

Re: Firmware, please! My SSD seems to hang on TRIM.

We have finished the new firmware updates. However, there is a certain amount of risk to update the SSD, the same as any other SSD manufacturers. Therefore, We need to test fully before releasing.

We'll try our best to minimize the risk. So, please be patient.

If you requires immediately, I can only send you a beta version. It's up to you that need a beta version or waitting for a release version.

Comment

Re: Firmware, please! My SSD seems to hang on TRIM.

Thanks for the message.

Your support people (you, perhaps?) did send me some firmware in an email, thanks. You say this is beta firmware, yet the updater claims what's on the SSD is the same version as what was sent to me (1819) and then says "[ERROR]Firmware download fail!" when I tell it to go ahead anyway.

This is worrying because I've had this SSD for almost a month! I was led to understand that 1819 has only been on RunCore devices for a week or so.

Or are you saying it's the updater that's Beta software? :)

In any case, I guess I am RMAing this SSD since firmware apparently won't fix the lock-ups. :(

Chris.

Comment

Working...
      X