64GB pro IV zif 1.8 won't work on Intel Classmate Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 64GB pro IV zif 1.8 won't work on Intel Classmate Convertible

Hey abatris, good to hear you are getting somewhere.

Could you try downloading wiper.exe and running it to see if that helps.

You can download it here. (Right click link and "save link as".)

There's plenty of discussion on this forum, including my thread here, as well as elsewhere if you want to know more about it.

Good luck.
    Last edited by MattEee; 11-13-2009, 01:59 PM. Reason: Bad link

Comment

abatris, I am virtually 100% sure you will be all set if you send it in for a newer model and it will not take very long at all. Where are you located so I can tell you where to send it to get the fastest turn around time?

Matt

Comment

Dear Matt,

I am now set and working with the ssd in my netbook, experiencing rather slow (for a ssd) performance and occasional freezings. I really don't feel comfortable to stop testing and working, go through the lengthy and damaging process of re-imaging and reinstalling the hdd, and wait for another delivery only to go through the process once again with the new ssd. So, would you be so kind to send me the new model ssd as soon as possible, and then I'll send you the faulty one back?

One more thing. I am located in Greece, European Union. It is quite expensive to send registered traceable parcel mail abroad (over 40 euro to EU, 60-80 elsewhere). If you are willing to accept the risk, I will send the ssd via normal registered mail. Otherwise, it's not worth the trouble. I'll stay with the ssd, either as main drive or as usb drive. Expensive and disappointing choice, yes, but not as outrageously expensive as sending traceable mail. Unless you are so kind to send me a bigger drive. In that case the traceable mail cost will be worth the trouble.

Thank you for your kind and prompt help and your understanding!
        abatris

Comment

Working...
        X