Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64GB Pata ssd and asus SHE

Hi

I raced to buy a 64GB ssd for my asus 901 as soon as I could, at which time only the PATA version was available.

It has worked fine with one notable and major problem.

the system crashes as soon as the asus SHE (super hybrid engine) drops into low power mode, removing SHE results in the loss of over 1 and a half hours of battery life.

this problem is well documented on the eeeuser.com forums.

any fix in the pipeline, and if not can I return my ssd for a working sata model, MDD from whom I bought my ssd say there is a team working on a fix, but who is theis team, and what have they done or disciverd????

thanks in advance

Re: 64GB Pata ssd and asus SHE

update your bios, have a try.

Comment

Re: 64GB Pata ssd and asus SHE

Originally posted by Chris.Liu View Post
      update your bios, have a try.

Thanks Chris.Lui, but I have tried that, running win7 rc i have had to keep uptodate with bios releases..

this is a most anoying issue and when I contacted MDD who sold me the ssd I was informed Runcore were working on the problem..

But I find no evidence of this and would like to know what the score is??

when can I expect a fix, is a fix possible, can I return it as it is clearly not as advertised, (compatable with 901) its partially compatable, but without SHE I loose many hours of barrety life, thus reducing the 901 from a portable netbook to one anchored to the mains electricity supply..

Comment

Working...
      X