Vaio P and runcore questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaio P and runcore questions

Hi forum I was wondering if someone had the answers to these questions (searching didnt really help me):

1) Does runcore sell any ssd's that work with Vaio P. Also do they come with the "converter?". My plan is to buy a vaio p with a harddrive in it, and then replace it with a runcore ssd.

2) If runcore has a ssd that can be used in a Harddrive-version Vaio P, is it the latest (runcore IV) and if not, does someone have a crystalbench on how fast its 4k random writes are?

3) Does anyone have a youtube clip or something that shows how to replace the Vaio P hdd to a ssd?

Hopefully someone has an answer to atleast one of these questions :)

Re: Vaio P and runcore questions

As far ai i know,
    1 vaio p series adopt 1.8 ZIF SSD
    two picture for you next quention:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey mate,

I've written a brief article at Runcore 32GB SSD into a Vaio P = Win. Richard Walker :: Brisbane IT Professional (Infrastructure / Web) about putting a 32GB Runcore SSD into a Vaio-P. It's dead simple, but there is one "gotcha" about the arrangement of the ZIF connector, in that it's essentially upside-down to the original 1.8" ZIF drive, so just be careful of that when installing!

If your drive cable basically looks like a run-of-the-mill flat ribbon cable, you should get the 1.8" ZIF drive... however I know the newer SSD-equipped Vaio's ship with a SATA SSD, and use an inline converter to connect to the motherboard's PATA port. I'm not sure if the newer Vaios that DON'T have SSD's use SATA or not..... you'll know when you crack it open and the hard drive cable looks a lot more sophisticated that in should, and the drive has a SATA connector!

If you're in Australia, Solid State Central in Melbourne sell the Runcore drives online.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nerob View Post
          I cannot imagine Sony to build two different mainboards in the P29 and P21/P11 on the other side.
          I don't believe they did.

The SATA-equipped models actually still have the same PATA interface on the mainboard, and run an inline SATA-to-PATA adaptor in the thin flat ribbon cable that connects the hard drive to the board (albeit a really, really, really thin SATA-to-PATA adaptor). So, if you can find one of those adaptor cables for the Vaio P, you can presumably put a SATA drive in a PATA-equipped Vaio P.

Can anyone confirm/refute this?

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X